Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,341  
I'm hoping it's covered too. Market value is not much I wouldn't think (2006 50 hp Foton) so repair if possible might be better???
Hot my 3pth blower too. Right where the chain drives the auger but I haven't look in the mouth to see if it's usable or not.
Bigger things to worry about.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,342  
I finally pulled the last blow-down that fell across my tractor roads during a storm earlier this spring. I've been driving under this one so I'm glad it's gone. One of those spikey spruces.

22_5_30.jpg

Using a winch with a snatch block set in the woods makes easy work of this. Just needed the saw to make sure the butt iwas free from the stump and to cut off the bit of top left sticking out in the road.

Made a quick video. Camera mounted on the ROPS picked up some vibrations and made it blurry but not near as bad as the picture below.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,343  
Ok, you remember the oak tree I took down a while ago? well I finally got the trunk up on the sawmill to steal a couple slabs out of it before I turn it into firewood!
It took all of me and my sawmill to get a couple slabs (4) out of it! They were in that 19-22" wide area and 2 1/2" thick.. makes a good thickness for a slab in my opinion.

So here is/was that tree.
IMG_7224.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

IMG_7232.JPG

So on the mill and the first slab

IMG_7634.JPG

Got to a point where the trunk would not fit between the blade guides and I had to strip off the bark to get it to fit!

IMG_7635.JPG

Just barely squeezing through..

IMG_7636.JPG
And the slabs, 4 of them, 18-20" wide and 10 1/2' long

IMG_7637.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

Not sure what I will do with them, keep them for my stash, sell them, I just dont know.

I do not think I could get much for them.. :(

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,344  
You ever hear of George Nakashima? I’ve seen his stuff on Antiques Roadshow. He was known for making furniture such as tables, coffee tables etc from large slabs. His stuff has some value too.
E7FF4751-1350-44E7-8A9D-047A372328EF.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,345  
Not sure I've heard of him, but I watch antiques roadshow all the time and have seen quite a bit of cool furniture for sure. I've made a few things , a bit more rustic but its a style I prefer.
A couple benches I made for my daughter for around her pool..
IMG_6640.JPG

And here is a bar out in my cabana and a bench out by my pool.

IMG_7639.JPG

IMG_7640.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,346  
Not sure I've heard of him, but I watch antiques roadshow all the time and have seen quite a bit of cool furniture for sure. I've made a few things , a bit more rustic but its a style I prefer.
A couple benches I made for my daughter for around her pool..
View attachment 748805

And here is a bar out in my cabana and a bench out by my pool.

View attachment 748806

View attachment 748808

Looking at those it doesn't seem that you will have any trouble finding something to do with those nice oak slabs.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,347  
Yep, you're right Gordon, he should keep the slabs and I am sure he will come up with something nice.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,349  
Looking at those it doesn't seem that you will have any trouble finding something to do with those nice oak slabs.

gg
Oh yeah, I'm sure I can find something to do with them.. in a year or two when they dry out enough.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,350  
Oh yeah, I'm sure I can find something to do with them.. in a year or two when they dry out enough.
I am equally sure that you have plenty to do between now and then without even thinking about those slabs as they dry. ;)