first then cut the top off.

willy

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,053  
3B4AAB47-2050-4B59-97D8-037D6E1DE736.jpeg
9344D882-2EA8-41E2-9256-4EDE53A9A496.jpeg
5F792487-21A7-42CA-854B-70502B779FA6.jpeg
88C93172-7B07-410D-B622-E393602773E4.jpeg
DA06D688-6BFB-416D-AF92-1264902EC6BA.jpeg

Some fun from over the last 15 years from long bar work on some special orders to some jack work along property lines with corners not far behind either. Most of this doug fir stretches out to 200’ of usable wood before the breaks with about 50’ of busted stuff.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,054  
A little firewood, probably not enough, but it never is. The building is 40', the pile is full lenght. Not covered but facing south, gravel drainage bed underneath. The pile is as high as I can pile with the BX2230. There are several buckets in there.

Attachments

• UCzXAYVmTSWH1md%pRJtNA.jpg
    UCzXAYVmTSWH1md%pRJtNA.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 116
  • lD5hOfMqTRiM2JHcLKQL5w.jpg
    lD5hOfMqTRiM2JHcLKQL5w.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 113
  • uQyiSG03T4SWaBLpJu4qMQ.jpg
    uQyiSG03T4SWaBLpJu4qMQ.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 119
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,055  
Last Tuesday I stuck the camera on the ROPS and went out to pick up a hitch of some pole sized firewood trees that I cut and left trail side early last July during a thinning operation. I only have 4 sliders and pulled out seven logs. So I had 3 double chokers and a single. The first group of 4 went smooth enough. Then I moved around to the other side of the stand to get the other 3 logs where I had a little trouble. The forked tree jammed in some slash. By the time I got it all pulled together and started the skid out I noticed the camera had timed out. It quit right when I got the third log pulled back. I missed grabbing the three butt ends and pulling them together with the 4 logs I had left above.

I restarted the camera for the skid out. At the landing it was a little tougher than usual getting the chokers free because of the way I hook the double chokers. They tend to be self locking and don't loosen when the cable goes slack because the chain gets jammed between the two logs when they are drawn together. But to me that is a good thing - I lose fewer logs on the trail.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,056  
when there is not a lot of clearance.......

IMG_1140.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,057  
Maybe some of you will enjoy this video. An American guy visiting a small logging operation in Norway. Sharing some knowledge and techniques along the way.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,058  
^ good vid, indeed. That trailer is pretty amazing, but I don't want to know what it costs either.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,059  
Finally got my buddies to come over and run the splitter for a while with me. In exchange for a trunk-load or two apiece, they help me split several face cords every fall. Win-win.

I've got 14 IBC totes full. At just a hair under a face cord apiece, that should be plenty enough for a full winter for my cozy little house. But since my log pile is almost gone now, it's time to go into the woods and fetch a few trees soon.

8a4tKpw.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,060  
^ good vid, indeed. That trailer is pretty amazing, but I don't want to know what it costs either.
They’re nice we have an older Farmi unit but it’s not as nice or as smooth as a standard forwarder the controls aren’t as refined. From memory they weren’t that bad priced what kills your is the price of the tractor to pull one to where you’re not out of control with them.