Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,711  
Modified the IBC’s I picked up, the L3901 had no problems picking them up and shuffling them around. I’ll probably keep an eye out for more totes, but I don’t expect to find them as well priced as these ($20 each).
2B920384-DD45-4A01-B156-794BD3360067.jpeg
2B039364-014A-4F8C-9D28-E1FC7BA88205.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,712  
The Hydro One guys finally took down the big Oak that was next to the power line.

Oak firewood! Will be a bit of a pain to get it out, however.

View attachment 787590View attachment 787591

Brought one piece home last night. Man, is Oak ever heavy!

Plan to head over there today with my “T-Rex” ATV trailer to get some more today, but will have to shorten those pieces with the chainsaw first, in order to lift them. Fun day!

Nothing to not like about oak firewood !! (Except maybe the weight)

What is that buried in the snow in the foreground of your 2nd pic ??

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,713  
I needed to go get a load of logs today, so I hooked up my "log train" and headed that way. It's not easy to find a place to park something this long, but that's OK, a tractor is plenty fast enough to move the logs to where I parked,

Resized-20230307-152957-S.jpg

With everything loaded, I headed home,

Resized-20230307-155219-S.jpg

My tractor knew THAT load was behind it! lol

SR
How much of that is firewood, and how much is headed to the sawmill? I could be mistaken but some of it looks like cherry.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,715  
How much of that is firewood, and how much is headed to the sawmill? I could be mistaken but some of that looks like cherry.
The trailer is all red oak, except the very top log, it's cherry.

The two running gears are all cherry, there's some really nice sawlogs in all of them.

All of them will get trimmed, and all of them after trimming, will end up on the BSM, even if some end up on the short side.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,716  
I like this winter weather for working in the woods. But it is starting to feel like it might not last much longer. I will keep at this fir as long as I can. From this morning.

23_3_11-1.JPG

23_3_11-2.JPG

Had to cut off 4'-6" of rot but still had enough for three 12'ers (38')

23_3_11-3.JPG

A little 3 tree hitch.

23_3_11-4.JPG

23_3_11-5.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,717  
^^^^
I'm waiting for the snow to soften enough to punch in a couple of trails, then I will start cutting a load of fir pulp. With luck the weather will be such that I can bring out a few hitches on frozen ground in the AM, and fell more for the next day in the afternoon.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,718  
While out doing walk in soft woods notice snow fleas were out and many...sign what around the corner.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,719  
Hey Gordon, yeah, right, how long we got? A little more snow here tonight thru Monday morn, but can hit 40 by mid next week.

Wish I didn't have to carry a shovel with me to clear hard, frozen/thawed/refrozen/rinse and repeat snow away from all the trunks of the small larch trees I'm clearing out of some plantation blocks. Sure adds another step to clear enough for saw. Such is life.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,720  
Hey Gordon, yeah, right, how long we got? A little more snow here tonight thru Monday morn, but can hit 40 by mid next week.

Wish I didn't have to carry a shovel with me to clear hard, frozen/thawed/refrozen/rinse and repeat snow away from all the trunks of the small larch trees I'm clearing out of some plantation blocks. Sure adds another step to clear enough for saw. Such is life.

I'm lucky here - no shovel required. Snow is soft enough to scoot away with your foot as long as you don't walk on it first. Once you walk on it though you need a jack hammer to move it.

gg