Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,121  
I bet your right on that bet. Plenty of rainy days the first two weeks of June but most of last week was pretty good. Over the weekend and this week we were/are supposed to get frequent heavy showers and thunder storms but so far one shower 4:00 am yesterday and one last night for a total of 1/2". Been humid and threatening the whole time

gg
We have NO sun in the forecast for the next 7 days. Mostly showers but every day so it's just enough to keep everything wet. This is prime late blight weather.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,122  
We have NO sun in the forecast for the next 7 days. Mostly showers but every day so it's just enough to keep everything wet. This is prime late blight weather.

The mosquitos are extra happy too !!

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,123  
I have been completely rained out of my wood lots and fear I may not get in at all this year.
Most is low lying with a lot drainage coming into them.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,124  
I found it pretty interesting what the winch cable did during that pull - something I've never seen before.

gg
I think you could've gotten right in on that jump rope, you missed your shot at the Logger Grand Championship!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,125  
We only had 1/2" of rain in May/June so the grass is all brown and no skeeters. I was going to have to scrounge for wood for next year but a good supply came up. Easy to get to, already felled, close to truck. About 15 loads of White Oak and 5 loads of apple, mulberry, cherry, walnut etc. I'll burn the lower BTU wood early/late in the season and keep the oak for real cold weather. I hand split the big rounds into quarters so I could get them in the truck and pack it in. I even have the propane tank filled so I'm ready for winter. Someday, the smoke from Canada might blow out of here so we can breathe!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,126  

We've had 6 days this June without rain, just 6.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,127  
I think you could've gotten right in on that jump rope, you missed your shot at the Logger Grand Championship!!

I've got to work on my speed - you probably noticed I'm a slow mover. That video of the cable was at 1/4 speed so it might take me a while before I'm ready.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,128  
My friend and me cut this load of firewood the other day,

Resized-20230617-152657-S.jpg

Anyway, today was the day I pulled it to his house, and we got it all split/stacked,

Resized-20230729-143954-S.jpg

Well, now it's time to cut another load... lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,129  
My dads little JD 770 just wouldn’t quite lift a full carryall, like my old 8n will, without doing a wheely. I did manage to haul in enough big chunked up rounds last Sunday, to top off the “storage” half of my woodshed at its 12 face cord capacity. That will last us (2) years for heating the house over the winters. Now, I Just need a rainy day, to split that up and stack it .
140770E4-58E1-4B03-8DA6-E52260CD46C5.jpeg

C33575AF-5273-430B-B27A-813ABABA5B87.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,130  
My dads little JD 770 just wouldn’t quite lift a full carryall, like my old 8n will, without doing a wheely. I did manage to haul in enough big chunked up rounds last Sunday, to top off the “storage” half of my woodshed at its 12 face cord capacity. That will last us (2) years for heating the house over the winters. Now, I Just need a rainy day, to split that up and stack it .

If you can counterweight the front a bit you could squeeze a little more on the Carry-All; just something to consider for the future. 🍻

That's a nice old Deere, and it looks like your dad has taken care of it.