Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,351  
I wish they would have one of those charts you can print off, step on it and get your boot size. Haix makes great boots and I would like to order a pair of these. But they’re sizing sux, and it’s expensive to keep mailing them back until you find the right size. Plus if you buy them on sale and have to return them you don’t get the replacement at sale price; rather, you have to start all over again.
I've found the Haix XR200 boots to run exactly true to size. I wear a size 9 medium width, and the 9M XR200 boots fit me perfectly. A shoe store about 30 minutes up the road from me supposedly carries Haix chainsaw boots, but they've never had them in stock when I've been there. I was fortunate to find a Haix boot booth at a local Logging Equipment expo years ago. So I could try them on for size. They did not have medium widths with them, but the 9W was close enough that I knew the 9M would work out for me, so I ordered it.

I've been told the Haix Protector Ultra and Protector Prime run large and to order a half size smaller than normal.

BTW: with something like a hiking boot, there is more to getting a good fit than just matching the outline of your foot.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,352  
Resized_20230904_132419_1108.jpegResized_20230904_132446_9180.jpeg
I moved about 6 truck loads of wood and split it all.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,353  
BTW: with something like a hiking boot, there is more to getting a good fit than just matching the outline of your foot.
I understand that but it's a start. Haix merely says to order the same size as your sneakers. That didnt work out for me very well, and not only did I pay for shipping both ways but also lost out on the sale price.

Once you do get a boot size established they have some good deals on seconds. They aren't eligible for returns which is why it's important to get the right size on your first try.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,354  
I was fortunate to be able to try some Haix boots on at the Loggers' Expo when they were in my area. They alternate between Bangor, Maine (odd years) and Essex Junction, VT (even years). Haix always has a booth - at least they do at the Vermont one.

I did order my brother a pair of their XR200 boots and took a gamble that they would fit. I did ask ahead of time if they would accept an exchange if they did not fit. The woman with whom I corresponded said they normally don't do exchanges, but said to contact her and she would arrange it. (I would not have done so if she had not agreed. Losing the sale price AND paying shipping was more that I was ready to spring for.)

I just wish some of the nicer chainsaw pants were at these shows. I'd love to try on some Pfanner or Clogger pants, but no one around me has them.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,357  
^^^^
You are really enjoying that sawmill! I've been trying to get mine on more solid footing until I can pour a slab, and it always takes me forever just to figure out how I want to do something.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,358  
Found a few hemlocks that blew down in the last storm and recovered them for the sawmill

Looks like good stuff to practice on (y) You must be getting the hang of it by know.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,359  
^^^^
You are really enjoying that sawmill! I've been trying to get mine on more solid footing until I can pour a slab, and it always takes me forever just to figure out how I want to do something.
I got the 1.5 inch stone spread and used one of my milled beams as a solid base for the front most jacks which I screwed to the beam and then used rebar "pins' to secure the beam to the ground.
I am really having a good time with the mill.