Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,391  
382994825_695698229259087_8263059222997585468_n.jpg

This isn't mine, someone sent me the picture.
What the odds of that happening. :eek:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,393  
Yeaaa, there's an amazing amount of wood there. My buddy is hauling home load after load out of there.

SR
In my younger days I did a short stint helping to build a 200 acre golf course... it was sickening to watch nice hardwood logs go through the chipper. They didn't want to tie up space for a log yard.
At the same time my credit union needed a parking lot and there was about 1/4 acre of nice, tall, straight, knot free pine ... those trees became fill for parking.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,395  
In my younger days I did a short stint helping to build a 200 acre golf course... it was sickening to watch nice hardwood logs go through the chipper. They didn't want to tie up space for a log yard.
At the same time my credit union needed a parking lot and there was about 1/4 acre of nice, tall, straight, knot free pine ... those trees became fill for parking.
I've seen things like that too, it's super wasteful and someday we will wish we had some of those logs back!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,396  
I watched a 300 acre parcel of trees being chipped about 6 months ago. It is being groomed for a solar field.
All chipped wood was carted away in 40'-45' chipper trailer semis and brought to wood pellet processing plants.
Most of these trees were hardwoods.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,397  
I watched a 300 acre parcel of trees being chipped about 6 months ago. It is being groomed for a solar field.
All chipped wood was carted away in 40'-45' chipper trailer semis and brought to wood pellet processing plants.
Most of these trees were hardwoods.

That's a big solar field and a lot of pellets !

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,398  
Had a limb come down while mowing this weekend...hardly a bucket full.
20230930_132453.jpg

We have several trees that are on death's door. Just need to take them down honestly, hopefully once it stops being in the 80s.