Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,381  
My buddy has been going a few miles away and getting firewood where they are clearing the trees out between some fields. They have already made huge piles there, getting ready to burn them. Anyway, he wanted me to take my tractor there to winch tree's out of the piles, as the owner said we could have as much of the wood that we want.

SO, today we took two trailers over there, and I got started winching out whole tree's,

Resized-20230924-141607-S.jpg

then trimming off any limbs still on them,

Resized-20230924-110131-S.jpg

I then picked them up and held them over his trailer as he cut them into firewood lengths,

Resized-20230924-110543-S.jpg

I left the logs going to MY trailer in at least 20 foot lengths, and loaded them into my trailer,

Resized-20230924-120244-S.jpg

It wasn't too long, and I had a HEAVY load,

Resized-20230924-175654-S.jpg

The owner said if we saw any standing trees we wanted, to take them too and I saw this cherry, so we cut it down and I loaded it on my trailer, it will be headed to my BSM,

Resized-20230924-175737-S.jpg

Anyway, that's it for today,

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,382  
That sounds like a cool walking bridge. I have one across a creek I thought of doing the same, but the only ones that cross that creek in that direction are cows and they rather wallow though the creek itself. Seriously, western red cedar cuts fairly easy in my opinion. Up top would you cut it flat?
I've got similar here; we had a ponderosa pine fall across the irrigation canal and I've though it would make a great bridge for the local bear to walk across so it doesn't have to go 200' further down the path to the roadway. Only kinda kidding, the other side is the neighbor's property but I still occasionally walk the long way around for one reason or another ;)

In my case the root ball is on the ground (still partially in the ground with half a crater behind it) and the other end is perfectly across the canal and then cut off - there's just lots of root ball in the way of being a bridge, but it's a mess.

Maybe making a leveling cut from the other side, cutting the top 8" off to make a good walkway, and then once the cut gets to the chain-dulling zone I could see if I can pry the whole thing off and hope it takes a chunk of the root ball with it? Seems like a good use of the tractor and a chain maybe...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,383  
My buddy has been going a few miles away and getting firewood where they are clearing the trees out between some fields. They have already made huge piles there, getting ready to burn them. Anyway, he wanted me to take my tractor there to winch tree's out of the piles, as the owner said we could have as much of the wood that we want.

SO, today we took two trailers over there, and I got started winching out whole tree's,

Resized-20230924-141607-S.jpg

then trimming off any limbs still on them,

Resized-20230924-110131-S.jpg

I then picked them up and held them over his trailer as he cut them into firewood lengths,

Resized-20230924-110543-S.jpg

I left the logs going to MY trailer in at least 20 foot lengths, and loaded them into my trailer,

Resized-20230924-120244-S.jpg

It wasn't too long, and I had a HEAVY load,

Resized-20230924-175654-S.jpg

The owner said if we saw any standing trees we wanted, to take them too and I saw this cherry, so we cut it down and I loaded it on my trailer, it will be headed to my BSM,

Resized-20230924-175737-S.jpg

Anyway, that's it for today,

SR
You struck gold there SB.
Like your trailer supports allowing you to roll these things off the edge if you wanted w/o destroying the fenders ..
Great Idea!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,384  
You struck gold there SB.
Like your trailer supports allowing you to roll these things off the edge if you wanted w/o destroying the fenders ..
Great Idea!
Yeaaa, there's an amazing amount of wood there. My buddy is hauling home load after load out of there.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,385  
It’s still a little hot for my preferred firewood cutting weather but I cut 2 loads today. The splitter is staying in the shed until it cools off.
IMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,386  
I worked some more on my tractor road extension on Wednesday. The section I did last week is drying up nicely with this good weather.

P1020514.JPG

I did down thru this section about as far as you can see.

P1020515-1.JPG

This is where I stopped looking back up.

P1020522.JPG

The further down the hill I get the greasier it gets. This section was very rocky. It is slow work picking thru them trying to cover them w/o digging them up and filling the holes where I popped them out.

P1020524.JPG

Made a test run today and pulled a rock out while I was there.

P1020523.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,387  
I worked some more on my tractor road extension on Wednesday. The section I did last week is drying up nicely with this good weather.

View attachment 824064

View attachment 824065

View attachment 824066

The further down the hill I get the greasier it gets. This section was very rocky. It is slow work picking thru them trying to cover them w/o digging them up and filling the holes where I popped them out.

View attachment 824067

View attachment 824068

gg
I watched the entire half hr. Gordan
When I was a baby, my parents had to put me in the car and I wouldn't go to sleep until I saw some construction equipment.
I also just woke up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,388  

View attachment 824064

View attachment 824065

View attachment 824066

View attachment 824067

View attachment 824068

gg
You make it look easy Gordon :)
Thanks for sharing.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,389  
Cleaning up some blow overs earlier this year for splitting.

Attachments

• MUD_0206.jpeg
    MUD_0206.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 54