Trade MF1547 for MF1749?

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #91  
I'm not sure I could get used to that treadle pedal either especially after I've had twin touch on my John Deere tractors since 1999.

I was even wondering how I'd like the hanging twin pedals that are on the Massey. They are not quite as comfy as the John Deere in my opinion.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #92  
I just checked TractorHouse again and you are right, very thin pickings. I'm not sure when the last time I checked was but it wasn't too terribly long ago. They were more available then than there are now to be sure...

This one looks pretty interesting, (the one with no price). It doesn't have a loader so definitely wouldn't be the right one for you. Looks like a rear snow blower and I'm not sure what that thing on the front is, possibly a fancy Snow pusher?

Screenshot_20190419-123621.jpegScreenshot_20190419-123914.jpeg

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749?
I just checked TractorHouse again and you are right, very thin pickings. I'm not sure when the last time I checked was but it wasn't too terribly long ago. They were more available then than there are now to be sure...

This one looks pretty interesting, (the one with no price). It doesn't have a loader so definitely wouldn't be the right one for you. Looks like a rear snow blower and I'm not sure what that thing on the front is, possibly a fancy Snow pusher?

View attachment 600976View attachment 600977

That's on the other side of the country and I've noted they seem to have lots of Masseys and just about everyone is equipped with snow moving equipment. On this side of the country I'm pretty much stuck with new, waiting for something to show up or making a very long treck.

I sure wish this tractor was running right and reliable. I just went out and did a little work with it and I love the tractor.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #94  
Hey try one more thing as a last resort... it's related to the hydraulic fluid, which I know you've already tried to troubleshoot. Make sure there is the right amount of fluid in there. At one point I lost track of my fill-ups and I had about 11.5 gallons in my system when it should have been closer to 8.8 or so.

When I had too much fluid in the system, the tractor would run fine but the HST had less power. I think there was just too much resistance in the system with all the extra fluid. Make sure that, with the loader half raised, the fluid in the sight glass on the rear of the tractor is around halfway up the sight glass. with the correct amount of fluid, when you raise the loader all the way up, the fluid will drop to the bottom of the sight glass, and conversely, with the proper amount, once you lower the loader to the ground, the fluid should rise to the top of the sight glass.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #95  
Did you get a chance to check the fluid level?

Did you get a chance to check the fluid level?

We've had company for the easter weekend and they just left. I checked the fluid and it's a hair below the top of the site glass when the loader and 3PTH are lowered. So I'm thinking that is the correct level.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #98  
Do you know if you or the dealer ever changed or cleaned out the metal-mesh suction filters under the machine? There are 2 of them.

Just spitballing here, wondering if maybe something clogged them...

I have a thread on here that shows the filters and how to service them.

Do you know if you or the dealer ever changed or cleaned out the metal-mesh suction filters under the machine? There are 2 of them.

Just spitballing here, wondering if maybe something clogged them...

I have a thread on here that shows the filters and how to service them.

I pulled both of those filters / screens out and made sure they were clean before they went back in.

/ Trade MF1547 for MF1749? #100  
K. Well I guess that's pretty much everything.

Have you checked the system relief pressure by chance? My relief pressure was a little low when I got it so I bumped it up to factory specs.