Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions?

/ Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions? #1  

Ortimber

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota and John Deere
Hello everyone. Although these two tractors are in a different class from one another, I thought I would start a thread and give people a chance to ask questions of the good and bad from my perspective. Things like treadle vs the two peddle debate, plastic vs metal hoods, loader valve function, etc.

I’m not an expert by any means, but have many thousands of hours of experience on many different types of equipment. Maybe I can help perspective buyers learn something since I have both machines available.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

/ Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions? #4  
I have a Kubota with the toe/heel and a Massey with the side by side. I don't have a problem with either, not sure if you have a preference?

/ Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions?
What is the price difference?

Current list price on an L3901 configured like mine is about $28K.

I paid $25K for mine 2 years ago.

The Deere lists at $44.8, I paid $38.5, with most common options (3rd func, e-pto, rear remote, open station).

I have a Kubota with the toe/heel and a Massey with the side by side. I don't have a problem with either, not sure if you have a preference?

Well, I only have about 10 hours on the Deere and even though the Kubota treadle never gave me too much grief, I can say the twin touch gets the win.

/ Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions? #8  
Well, I only have about 10 hours on the Deere and even though the Kubota treadle never gave me too much grief, I can say the twin touch gets the win.

I can say that when I find myself in tight spots I have never messed up on the heel/toe, but with the two pedals I have gone in the wrong direction. I guess my brain remembers I will only go in reverse if I press with my heel, but side pedals I have to make sure I am pressing down on correct one, I guess I have to concentrate more. That's not saying one is better than the other though.

/ Traded Kubota L3901 for JD 4052R- questions? #9  
I agree, I much prefer the twin pedal setup over the treadle. My suspicion is that Kubota engineers are too stubborn to admit that most people would prefer twin pedals so they're sticking with their treadle.

So what made you go with the JD 4052 instead of sticking with Kubota and something like an L5460? Just curious... I think both look like good machines.

How's the 180 loader so far? I know it's a larger loader than what was on your Kubota... But have you found it's limitations yet?

I agree, I much prefer the twin pedal setup over the treadle. My suspicion is that Kubota engineers are too stubborn to admit that most people would prefer twin pedals so they're sticking with their treadle.

So what made you go with the JD 4052 instead of sticking with Kubota and something like an L5460? Just curious... I think both look like good machines.

How's the 180 loader so far? I know it's a larger loader than what was on your Kubota... But have you found it's limitations yet?

Like many have said before, the dealer can make a huge difference in your decision to go with one color or the other. In my situation this is exactly what has pushed me into the green machines. I feel like our Kubota dealer has almost given up and seems uninterested in keeping long time customers happy. Between my dad and myself we’ve purchased 12 orange tractors.

On the other hand, our JD dealer is absolutely doing things the right way, going above and beyond in not only sales, but also having great parts and service depts.

I feel like Deere and Kubota compete pretty well on their premium line of tractors. The grand L Kubotas are a really nice machine and I’m sure I would be happy with one of them as well.

Regarding the loader, I haven’t done any work with it yet. I can say that the system for getting the loader on/off works really well and I prefer that over how Kubota does it.