trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools
Was back out on our trails today filling in holes with corduroy, knocking down some old stumps and even barred a large rock out. (no pics of that)
P1120924.jpg
P1120913.jpg
P1120915.jpg

I've been using these little guys for how many hours this summer by now?? Quite a few. Maybe 2 gallons of bar oil has been ran through them but do love them for lighter cuts. Must have two when they overheat. Been taking them into the field along with 4 charged battery's and they've done fine.
P1120938.jpg

Out doing some minor work on the trails today. This blower rocks! Yes, it blows rocks and branches off the trail. Bad news it pushes back on the operator quite a but. We have an event here on Sunday.
P1130023.jpg
blower024.jpg
P1130021.jpg

Im interested in the reason you are cutting that high for the branches and limbs?
That branch in particular was broken off and was going to come down on the trail some winter day. Preventive maintenance is your trails freind! But sometimes a branch is 30ft long and again, will come down with snow-loads but is up high.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #568  
That branch in particular was broken off and was going to come down on the trail some winter day. Preventive maintenance is your trails freind! But sometimes a branch is 30ft long and again, will come down with snow-loads but is up high.
Ok, I didn't see that the branch was broken off, makes sense. So you take the branch/limb down now, instead of dealing with it in the snow when it comes down across the trail. (y)

/ trail clearing technique and tools #569  
For trails you can clear with a string trimmer, this would be a dandy attachment for your new ATV.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #570  
For high branches that were dead and hung up high in a tree over the old pathway behind the house I used an arborist throw weight and line to pull up a rope and yank it down.