trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools
The BR800 C-E MAGNUM version has the side mounted starter rope so you can start it, while wearing it. Many reviewers say that option was the cat's meow to have. Our Stihl dealership has no idea when they'll show up!

/ trail clearing technique and tools #462  
Are they even allowed to sell them?

So much of what I see and use is no longer allowed and all it takes is a phone call to the authorities... someone using a ICE blower or brush trimmer...

/ trail clearing technique and tools #463  
A double buck saw (AKA two man saw)

My father gifted his grandfather's 2 man saw to my daughter. She loves it as a wall hanger heirloom.
One of my proudest moments was my daughter using a 2 man saw in an FFA log sawing contest. After a short talk about technique, her and her slightly built partner absolutely destroyed the male competition. They were awesome!

/ trail clearing technique and tools #464  
My father gifted his grandfather's 2 man saw to my daughter. She loves it as a wall hanger heirloom.
One of my proudest moments was my daughter using a 2 man saw in an FFA log sawing contest. After a short talk about technique, her and her slightly built partner absolutely destroyed the male competition. They were awesome!
Good for them! Those take a bit of stamina to use, and technique.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #465  
Are they even allowed to sell them?

So much of what I see and use is no longer allowed and all it takes is a phone call to the authorities... someone using a ICE blower or brush trimmer...

Seems nutty unless they have banned ICE vehicles including buses and aircraft that use fuel as well. How many gas blowers or brush trimmers does it take to equal the pollution from one jet aircraft?

I tried using my pole saw attachment on a 40v electric powerhead. It worked to a degree, but it had a tendency to stall and no where as fast. So I'm thinking I will carry the gas version on my tractor...and instead of buying a nice gas pole saw, I'll just use a cheaper unit rather than risk tearing up a more expensive one carrying it on the tractor.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #466  
Started as two-stroke ban snd most blowers and brush trimmers are two/stroke…

/ trail clearing technique and tools
Lets please keep this thread about trail clearing technique and tools. I'd guess most of us don't reside in California and won't have certain engines banned.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #468  
So, about that new 6x6 ....

/ trail clearing technique and tools #469  
My tractor has the rough cut mower mounted on the FEL, works pretty well for clearing paths 48" wide. The tractor is articulated and works well on slopes. It's what i use on my property.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #470  
Lets please keep this thread about trail clearing technique and tools. I'd guess most of us don't reside in California and won't have certain engines banned.
Would you be able to accomplish as much without gas power?

The reason I ask is because I spend significant time each Spring before fire season clearing trails/maintaining firebreaks and cutting up storm fall.

My battery equipment is good… especially like my battery polesaw.

My workaround of late is to bring in the farm JD350 and make the trails wider… instead of 3-4’ the dozer makes 6’+

It is a real concern and I am doing my best to adapt because the suggested alternative employing goats isn’t practical…

At least with the Dozer and Deere 110 I can push things out of the way… well… most things.