Trail Shoes....

/ Trail Shoes....
Surprised so many runners here…

I may check out the Salomons as looking for one now with a wide toe box… got to keep the toes happy.

Remember when I was buying 10 and now wearing 13 extra wide for the toes but really too big for the feet.
I probably have average width feet, but got to appreciate a square/wide toe-box after my first pair of Terra Argos - work boots. I use them for work; recently bought my 3rd pair of them.

It makes a big difference, hours into the day....

Rgds, D.

/ Trail Shoes.... #22  
I found Chippewa to be good but my last pair fell apart using the brush cutter on the hillside.

The sole totally separated after a few days...

/ Trail Shoes....
I found Chippewa to be good but my last pair fell apart using the brush cutter on the hillside.

The sole totally separated after a few days...
Bonded (as opposed to stitched) soles can be a problem that way.

I've had that problem with my MC boots, and others. The best almost-permanent fix (at least with how I use boots) I've found is urethane - tried it years back (figured since it was pretty much the only thing really keeping car windshields in-place, I'd give it a try) and found it worked well as a multi-year repair.

Touched up the toe-cap on a pair of Kodiaks, that got cut/ripped a bit, with urethane as well - did a great job there too - not pretty, but I don't buy work boots because I'm trying for a GQ covershot :cool: ....

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Trail Shoes.... #24  
Has anyone here tried Sense of Motion, SOM, running shoes? I’ve been searching for a U.S. made option and their the only ones I’ve come across but they look really clunky.

/ Trail Shoes.... #25  
I haven't run in years, for enjoyment/exercise. Hurts my low back. I do walk or hike quite often. Always wanted to buy a nice shoe just for that, but hard to pull the trigger when my low end hiking boots work just fine. Now if I was a runner, you bet I'd spend a little more.
Same for MC, no dedicated shoes/boots. I have a dual sport 250 ( low power keeps me safe) and just dirt and paved roads. No motocross anymore.

/ Trail Shoes.... #26  
Nice thing about Kennetreck's is, they will resole them if necessary, something I have not had to deal with...Yet.

A while ago I bought a pair of Red Wings but gave them away pretty quick. With Red Wings, breaking them in is agony, I don't go there. The Kennetreck hunting boots require no break in what so ever and I change out the foot beds yearly. Cabelas sells the Mindl foot beds and they fit the Kennetreck's perfectly. New foot beds is like buying a new pair of boots.

Has anyone bought a pair of Maine Hunting boots recently? I read somewhere that they are now made in China as well. We get the LL Bean catalogs but never buy anything. They are real 'proud' of their stuff and like Cabelas, most of it is made across the pond.

I won't buy Cabelas clothing either because 99% of their stuff boldly displays the 'Cabelas' logo on the front. I'm not doing free advertising for them, pay an inflated price and have it made offshore to boot.

/ Trail Shoes.... #27  
I've begun wearing Barefoot shoes for all of my hiking. I'll never go back. They were $45 😂

/ Trail Shoes.... #28  
We used Red Wing boots in construction yrs ago. They wore like iron but were heck to break in. We would bring our old boots to work and change back t them at lunch time ... ah what a relief. ;)
But I've heard the Red Wing quality is in the toilet now? It's Merrell for all my boot and shoe needs the last 20 yrs.

/ Trail Shoes.... #29  
Looong ago - I noticed. Shoes/tenny runners/boots with superior traction will be good at bringing snow/mud into the house. That's why I have quarry tile floors at the entry and throughout the kitchen. If I can't remove "it" out on the porch - it's easy to clean off the tile floors.

Brother - there is a WHOLE LOT of "it" out there - this time of year.

/ Trail Shoes....
Looong ago - I noticed. Shoes/tenny runners/boots with superior traction will be good at bringing snow/mud into the house. That's why I have quarry tile floors at the entry and throughout the kitchen. If I can't remove "it" out on the porch - it's easy to clean off the tile floors.

Brother - there is a WHOLE LOT of "it" out there - this time of year.
Roger that !

Took an off-road cut, between a couple of line-roads near here, with the thread-starter shoes..... next time I put them on, I had more dried-mud falling off than any shoe I've used..... but, I do like the traction !

Rgds, D.