Trailer Connector on a JD4120.

/ Trailer Connector on a JD4120. #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
My 4120 has the optional 7 pin trailer connector on the rear. I had no need to use it until now. It does not seem to be wired correctly.
Right turn is correct, tail lights are correct.

Left turn, both left & right lights flash.
When the warning lights on the tractor flash, the trailer tail lights do not flash.
12 volt is on the wrong pole, this is an easy fix of just moving a wire on the connector.

I checked the service manual, but could not find anything on the trailer connector.

Does anyone have this option on there tractor & does it work?
Does anyone know where this wires in or have a wiring diagram for it?

/ Trailer Connector on a JD4120. #2  
No trailer connector on either of my 4320 tractors. Did your 4120 come from the factory with a trailer connector or did dealer or someone else install it? Anyway, it should be easy to fix wiring.

/ Trailer Connector on a JD4120. #3  
7WayTrailerEnd.jpg

/ Trailer Connector on a JD4120.
No trailer connector on either of my 4320 tractors. Did your 4120 come from the factory with a trailer connector or did dealer or someone else install it? Anyway, it should be easy to fix wiring.

The trailer connector was a dealer installed John Deere option. The problem is that the harness for the connector runs to the front of the tractor with the main wiring harness. I cannot tell what wires go where.

/ Trailer Connector on a JD4120. #5  
AG 7 pin and RV 7 pin wiring are not the same. The diagram previously shown is for an RV, not a tractor. Tractors don't have trailer brakes. You will need to build an adapter if you want to use your tractor to pull a trailer wired for the standard RV 7 pin connector.

OMRE346563