Trailer for 1705

/ Trailer for 1705 #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
I recently purchased a Rice 82 by 16 tandem trailer. Load Capacity is 5000lbs. I searched for a bit here in indiana. Many of these trailers here were at least 3100 to 3300 as advertised online. I waited for the holiday weekend for some sort of sales events would take place but i didnt see much of anything as for sales. I made 4 calls to local dealers in the area. Only one picked up and the others i left messages for. The other three never returned my calls and then the one that did answer wanted 3300 including tax. So opted to go with the trailer place from illinois. The company is in arthur illinois. They had a big selection of trailers. I was able to get this trailer for 2699. Cash price. I brought it home with zero issues. I recently pulled it onto my garage approach to check wiring underneath the trailer. For the most part they did a good job. I did buy some wiring protection and put it on spots where i thought would be beneficial. They use welded tabs to keep the wring from hanging. In some of the areas the wiring was being pinched. Simple fixes. I checked tire pressures as well. They were good. All in all im pretty happy with the purchase even though i haven't used it yet with the tractor. Its a good idea for any of you that do end up purchasing one to go ahead and take the time to look underneath. Nobody likes dealing with electrical issues on a trailer. The company was called Kate's Kars and Trailers. They don't sell cars anymore. It was a good experience. Fast and easy. It was a two drive for us.

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/aa...2af10/downloads/su pg 4.pdf?ver=1563974026519

/ Trailer for 1705 #2  
Does it have good tie down rings/points.... Funny thing is I bought a "car carrier" and it had no tie down rings (only stake pockets) .... Yet Calif DMV law says you must have 4 tie downs on any load on trailer!..... Had to add good tie down points....

Also found I like 2,500 load, 10,000 burst "ratchet straps" (2 inch) over chains... But always cringe when I go by a trailer or when one passes me with a bunch of those 1 inch utility straps hold on load...

I would be comfortable with something like these but not really keen on "J" hooks and rings ...

2" Lasso Strap with Ratchet SET | RatchetStraps.com

Would like some sort of locking hook instead....

2" x 8' Ratchet Axle Strap with Snap Hooks | Discount Ramps

When I got my car carrier and tie downs it was for race car, well race car is gone and tractor is now...

Dale

/ Trailer for 1705
It has the tie down points on the uprights. Not sure if i like that idea. Ill most likely install some tie downs. I have some chains but have been thinking of using straps since they are easier to work with. I hate fussing with chains and binders.

/ Trailer for 1705 #4  
Congratulations on the new trailer, sounds like a nice one at a fair price.