Trailer jack

/ Trailer jack #1  

RollTideRam

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 4710 Cab
What kind of jack do y’all carry in case of a trailer flat? I have always been told not to use a floor jack on soft ground. Just got a gooseneck and was thinking about getting a jack.

Last edited:
   / Trailer jack #2  
I would just use the one that your truck has. I also carry a 4X8 block of wood to put under the tires if needed. (works for me) you can pull the good tire up on the block and remove the flat. Your block size may vary

/ Trailer jack #3  
I carry a small 2 ton HF floor jack and a 2x6x26" to set the jack on. I don't have a gooseneck but have a 7K enclosed trlr, 14K dump trlr, 14K tilt bed and an 11K camper trlr.

/ Trailer jack #4  
Deck over frames are so tall but bottle jacks are simple and well built for these purposes.

/ Trailer jack #7  
Two stage bottle jack and a bunch short pieces of 2x10 or 12,
it seems like every couple of years I end up buying a couple of 2x10 or 12's just to cut up into 1 or 2 ft pieces.

/ Trailer jack #8  
I would just use the one that your truck has. I also carry a 4X8 block of wood to put under the tires if needed. (works for me) you can pull the good tire up on the block and remove the flat. Your block size may vary

I carry a bottle jack, small floor jack and a handyman jack. I also carry several 2x8's so I can stack them on a taper and drive the good tire on them.

/ Trailer jack #9  
I use a scissors jack that I robbed out of my old Caprice, along with some scrap boards from around the BSM... I probably should throw a bottle jack in it though, cuz I doubt that a scissors jack would lift a loaded trailer.

I guess I could drive the tractor off the trailer and use the loader to pick the trailer up! lol

SR

/ Trailer jack
I think I will shop for a new bottle jack, and definitely cut some boards. I was just asking around in case something new was out there.

I had a flat (actually the whole tread flew off) on my dump trailer about 6 weeks ago. Long story, but overloaded with gravel, tires 7 years old, had to go home for a jack, soft ground, 42 bites from fire ants and had to beat the fender back into place with a 18" cresent wrench. My next load of gravel will be delivered.