Trailer Tongue Box

/ Trailer Tongue Box #41  
Be careful driving a trailer up on a ramp, curb, blocking, ect to change a flat. I have now repaired two customers trailers with bent spindles doing just this very thing.

Chris

/ Trailer Tongue Box #42  
Be careful driving a trailer up on a ramp, curb, blocking, ect to change a flat. I have now repaired two customers trailers with bent spindles doing just this very thing.

Chris

I can definitely see that happening with a heavy load in the trailer; for that, a suitable jack would definitely be better.

/ Trailer Tongue Box
No, some are electric. They are actuated by the brake controller in the tow vehicle which in turn powers a trailer mounted hydraulic power pack that in turn actuates the brakes. The system is called a electric over hydraulic system.

Chris

I may eventually put brakes on my 6x14 trailer. I looked at some disc setups but most of them you have to change the coupler and a disk kit is close to twice what a drum kit is.

For my dual axle trailer, I don't carry a jack, but do carry a trapezoid block of wood. If I get a flat on one side, I can drive the good wheel onto the block and change the flat.

That box sounds awful -- seems like they really let a piece of crap out of the factory, or something went really wrong. My Tradesman box doesn't have any of those issues. Either I got real lucky, or you got real unlucky!

I believe Northern Tool sells Tradesman boxes as well. If you can't find an alternate brand to buy, you might be able to look at them at Northern to get another idea about the typical quality.

The box was perfect for what I needed to do. Now I am not sure what way to go. I thought about trying another Tradesman box. I'll check out the reviews at Northern Tool.

/ Trailer Tongue Box
The box came yesterday. As soon as I slide it out of the box 4" I noticed it did not have the beveled lid like it was supposed to. I really wanted a box with a beveled lid. It is also supposed to have a self closing strut and a insulated lid, this box had neither. I guess I got a box that was old stock and they added these features recently or either it is new stock and they took away these features. There are not any problems with the way the box is constructed. Amazon is sending me another box. Hopefully it will have the beveled lid.

/ Trailer Tongue Box
The saga continues.

Amazon pulled all the boxes out their inventory and ordered new ones that matched the description on the website. I had also contacted the manufacturer and they told me Amazon had old stock. So I waited over a month for Amazon to get the new boxes in an review them and go through their whole process. The box finally came today and it was just like the other two plus it was damaged. This one had a 4-14 production date on it. I got a refund from Amazon since they don't have any other boxes I like. Now I need to waste more time finding one I like:banghead:

/ Trailer Tongue Box #49  
I've never heard of a "stinger." I've always called it a drawbar. Guess there is no right or wrong.

/ Trailer Tongue Box #50  
I had a Tradesman on my Featherlite car trailer and loved it.. I wonder if you got a bum one??