Trailer Tongue Box

/ Trailer Tongue Box #21  
What is a stinger?

I am going to keep the winch in mine. I am going to get a tool bag and keep my straps in it. My chains are the ones from lowes that come in their own bag. I'll put them and the binders in the box when I need them.

Ball mount..Different vernacular I guess..

/ Trailer Tongue Box #23  
I never heard it called that before.

There was a grammar argument on this site a year ago or so about this..Some areas call it a stinger some don't...Seems the vernacular changes by region.....Common term here, but not so much in other areas. Is there a common term? I hate linguistic gymnastics anyway, I'm of a single syllable kind of guy.

/ Trailer Tongue Box
There was a grammar argument on this site a year ago or so about this..Some areas call it a stinger some don't...Seems the vernacular changes by region.....Common term here, but not so much in other areas. Is there a common term? I hate linguistic gymnastics anyway, I'm of a single syllable kind of guy.

I have noticed people in my area call some implements by a different name than what people on here do. I call the ball mount a stinger from now on just to confuse people I know.

/ Trailer Tongue Box #25  
I have noticed people in my area call some implements by a different name than what people on here do. I call the ball mount a stinger from now on just to confuse people I know.

There you go. Furrowed brow of the listener is a beautiful thing...:D

/ Trailer Tongue Box #26  
One thing you guys all need is a bottle jack and a folding 4 way lug wrench. I get called out 4 or so times a year to help with a flat. Many times the trucks lug wrench and jack will just not work. Get both at HF or Walmart for under $30.

Chris

/ Trailer Tongue Box #27  
So what was wrong with the box? I have an aluminum tradesman box, believe I paid about $100 for it from Amazon 2 years ago. No problems with it so far. When installing, I remember looking over the welds and thinking they had done a good job.

/ Trailer Tongue Box #28  
   / Trailer Tongue Box #29  
What model is that JD spreader , R ?

heck if i know...im not even sure its a JD unit. a guy near me rebuilds them. this one is from the 1940's ...or so he claimed. All i know is it works GREAT and i can still get parts.. He painted it green...cause he likes green

this one is ground driven chain and i pull it with a forecart with my team of Fjord horses.

/ Trailer Tongue Box
One thing you guys all need is a bottle jack and a folding 4 way lug wrench. I get called out 4 or so times a year to help with a flat. Many times the trucks lug wrench and jack will just not work. Get both at HF or Walmart for under $30.

Chris

I keep a bottle jack in my little trailers box. I put a bottle jack in the truck when I use the car trailer. I have a tool set I keep in the truck that I could use change the flat. Something else that is good to carry with a car trailer is blocks to put underneath the back of the trailer to keep from picking the truck up off the ground.

So what was wrong with the box? I have an aluminum tradesman box, believe I paid about $100 for it from Amazon 2 years ago. No problems with it so far. When installing, I remember looking over the welds and thinking they had done a good job.

It would be easier to tell what is right with the box. The biggest issue is the lid. It has a 1/4'' gap on one side and over 1'' on the other, it does not seal. At first I thought they did not have it centered but the lid is just made wrong. Some of the rivets that hold the hinge on are loose. Nothing is square on the box. You can lay a angle finder on the side of the box and move it to the lid and they are different. The handle that opens the box is crooked. There is paint or powdercoat chipped is off the lid in a couple of places. Both sides of the box have bulges in them. If I put it on my trailer everyone would think got the trucks bumper into the box and messed it up. Worst of all the box has a big decal on the inside of the lid that says "Proudly made in the USA". If they would have used some pride when they built the box it would be a nice box. I sat it on the trailer and it fit the trailer nicely. It is a shame it is not constructed properly.