Transfer Tank Suggestions

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #11  
I bought the John Dow 58 gallon system. Looks like Amazon is $862.87 and still has free shipping on it. I bought a 5'X8' Big Tex trailer for it to sit on. Since the picture I mounted a battery in a marine case beside it to power the pump.

20220415_095136.jpg

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #12  
That's a nice set up there, be sure to keep a lock on the trailer at all times, or store it indoors!

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #13  
That's a nice set up there, be sure to keep a lock on the trailer at all times, or store it indoors!
Thanks. The coupler is locked. It is to be moved in back with the other trailers.

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #14  
I probably use about 70 or 80 gallons a year. I bought a 35 gallon tank with hand crank pump through TSC and like it very much. I also have three Eagle 5 g Safety Cans, and a carrier basket to plug into the trailer receiver on my car, big enough to hold all three cans. Making two trips with the cans, to the filling station 1.5 miles down the road, nearly fills the tank -- and also keeps drips and spills outside of the car, so I don't stink it up! I have a shelf above the transfer tank onto which I can lift a 5 g can, and a shaker siphon to drop it into the tank.

This is probably too small a system to work well with you. But, still, it's way better than what I was doing before, trying to pour cans into the tractor with a funnel.

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #15  
I'm very interested in picking up one of these transfer tanks. I found a work-a-like on the Vevor site, they offer them with and without filtering (dual stage) and they also offer color choices while being less expensive than the John Dow offering. I've bought from Vevor a few times without drama (a couple of diesel heaters and an airbag floor jack). They also offer free shipping.

Does anyone have experience with these Vevor units?

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #16  
2 suggestions for you:
  1. Go to a car wash, and ask the manager to save you a couple of their 30 gallon plasic drums that soap and other chemicals come in. Rinse them out, let 'em dry, and you can put both in your bucket to load out of your pickup. Buy a 55 gal drum 12v pump on ebay ($65-$75) dollars
  2. Go to craigs list, or FB mktplace and look for 275 gal "tote". White plastic with aluminum cage around it. (Landscapers use them for water). I bought mine for $30. Off Road diesel supplier comes out and fills it. No lugging back and forth to town. Buy a 12v submersible transfer pump on ebay for $20. Have had mine for 4 years, hooked up a friend with the same system 2 years ago, also no problems. (I put a 12v power point on the back of the tractor and plug the pump into it whenever I want to fill up)
Just my 2¢

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #17  
2 suggestions for you:
Thank you for the suggestions but a hack together is not what I want. This isn't a money issue, this is a what I want issue. Because of my refueling needs on my property, I need a device that is highly portable using various means of transportation, the size of these is perfect for my application.

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #18  
I am considering buying this transfer tank. It's a Better Built 100 gallon. Does anyone have an experience with this tank, or have any better suggestions for a tank. I use about 300 gallons per year and am tired of toting my 5 gallon cans to the pump. Thanks!

Check and see if you can get home delivery. Depending on company they may provide you a tank or you you may have to purchase and have it filled once or twice a year pending size.

/ Transfer Tank Suggestions #19  
I got a 50 gal tank from a reefer. Built a stand for it. The stand sits on a rolling platform in the outbuilding. I can fork the stand into the bed of the truck to get it filled. The 12V pump was about $125. Will add a filter to it this year even though I have had no problems in three years.

I used HF dollies for the platform and they are OK but not the best. $20 for the dollies and scrap wood for the rest of it.

The reefer tank is DOT approved so no issues getting it filled.