tree grubber.

/ tree grubber. #11  
Very handy looking tool you made there. And real clever with the 5th wheel option. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was thinking about a 4" tree, depending on soil, tap root, etc. Thanks for confirming.

/ tree grubber. #12  
Any interest in selling the tree grubber? If not, could you provide me with some information so I might have one made. Thanks. Charles Park in Houston.

/ tree grubber. #13  
well i had saved this link for over a year, finally got a welder, 3 pt connection and a few pieces of iron, going to the land this weekend and see how well it works, thanks for the idea

Attachments

• tree grubber.jpg
    tree grubber.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 3,856
   / tree grubber. #14  
Let us know how it works, good or bad... good luck!

/ tree grubber.
WFONTJR, looks good on the tree grubber. I hope it works as well for you as they have for me. later, Nat

/ tree grubber. #16  
I'm so glad I ran onto this thread...I'm clearing out a bunch, bunch of little trees...i'll have to look into making one of these.

/ tree grubber. #17  
If the tree is solidly rooted, I believe the front of the tractor will come up even with down pressure from the back wheels?

Sounds a bit scary to operate?

I also have a need to remove some smallish, and some largish trees..

/ tree grubber. #18  
If the tree is solidly rooted, I believe the front of the tractor will come up even with down pressure from the back wheels?

Sounds a bit scary to operate?

I also have a need to remove some smallish, and some largish trees..

This is a pretty old thread. But there is danger inherent with any equipment. Given that the attachment is close to the hitch, Not sure there is much danger in flipping, unless pulling from the 3PH.

And not sure on other tractors, but when hooked in close to the pins like that grubber, I exhaust lift capacity before the front end comes up. I have a root ripper (looks like a dozer ripper shank), and pop the relief on the 3PH before the front raises.

/ tree grubber. #19  
Indeed old. Sorry about that!

I just stumbled over the link posted today on: Homemade Tree Grubber
That guy is scouring the internet for DIY projects and collects links on his site.

The backwards motion together with the lift is perhaps what makes this efficient as a tree/brush pulling tool?

/ tree grubber. #20  
There was a commercial version that was similar, but it had a hydraulic toplink and a pivoting foot.

I bought a used one about twenty years ago, don't have pictures from back then, but since I keep everything, I still have it.

P2220003.JPG

P2220001.JPG

I added a plate at the top so it can be turned around, it would pull any cedar tree that the MF 240D that I had back then could drive over.
PB200005.JPG