Tree shear

/ Tree shear #2  
What's the tractor that it's going on?

Although I wouldn't worry about a 4 or 6 inch tree, a 10inch tree might be a bit too much. Don't forget trees are tall and weigh alot plus have the whole lever +pendulum effect going for them... if it gets somehow stuck to the tractor I won't be surprised if it bends cylinders, loaders, flips the tractor over etc...

If you have a lot of work to do I think the best bet is to get a bulldozer.. or just stick to the chainsaw...

Another thought.. here we can give the land to contractors and they cut trees down and pay you 200$ per acre or so... if you're wanting to cut all of the trees down and don't intend to use the firewood, then it might be an alternative..

/ Tree shear
Has to be selectively cut we planted them in rows 15-20 yrs ago and didn't keep up and keep cottonwood from coming in. We looked at using a mulching head but don't have a high flow machine. We have a really heavy landpride brush mower but most of this is larger than it wanted to handle.
Didn't know if anyone had used one or been around one.
I owned my own company doing excavation and dirt work at one point and still have to many machines, but prefer using right tool for the job.

/ Tree shear #4  
My neighbor has one, it works pretty good...

He has it on a heavy 55hp tractor though, wouldn't want one on a tinker toy tractor.

SR

/ Tree shear #5  
You say the right tool for the job. Well this is obviously it:

DSC03331.JPG

This harvester was on the property doing a pre-commercial thinning of our pines.

He also did some selective removal for me in a very short time. Could do in ten minutes what it took me a day to do. Plus, I would have damaged a lot of trees I wished to keep, or have trees hung up. He could grab them, cut them off and if need be carry them upright to a clearing, drop them, delimb them and cut them into pieces, leaving the slash all in one neat pile. All in maybe a minute!

These type of guys are never far away. You might get lucky.

Last edited:
   / Tree shear #6  
I don't have one yet but am seriously considering getting one. I have done more than a fair share of research and narrowed it down to this one.12" Rotating Tree Shear HD 5" Cylinder Skid Steer Tractor Loader Attachment tire It is pretty much the same spec as the one you linked to but is about 1K less. I agree with others that I would not use one on a very small tractor. What size tractor do you have? Also, consider the stump issue. Do you plan on mowing over them, spraying or??? Other considerations could be (if your tractor is big enough) pushing the trees over and pulling them out with either a grapple or a Dansuser Intimidator tree puller.Intimidator Tree Puller by Danuser saw, dig, pull, and carry any land growing obstacles trees or bushes

/ Tree shear #7  
Another alternative may be the Turbosaw LT3200. It will cut off tree and push it away from Tractor. It mounts on your 3-point and can cut stump below ground level.

IMG_1585.JPG

They also make similar unit with a grapple lid.

2017 TURBO SAW LT3200 For Sale - YouTube

/ Tree shear
Another alternative may be the Turbosaw LT3200. It will cut off tree and push it away from Tractor. It mounts on your 3-point and can cut stump below ground level.

View attachment 529981

They also make similar unit with a grapple lid.

2017 TURBO SAW LT3200 For Sale - YouTube
That looks like a great machine for what I need to do I like the idea of pto power and a grapple. But with a shear might be a little safer to have helpers to spray stumps around.

/ Tree shear #9  
"Koyote-something" (can't remember at the moment) from Vermont has one of the Titan shears. If someone can help me remember his name you can PM him.

/ Tree shear #10  
"Koyote-something" (can't remember at the moment) from Vermont has one of the Titan shears. If someone can help me remember his name you can PM him.

Hey Luke, didn’t you buy one of the “Intimidators”.