Trelliss to espalier pear trees

/ Trelliss to espalier pear trees #11  
there are numerous issues and a lot of work. i will try to get back to you in a day or two - i have a very sick dog i am dealing with and have to get him to vet for surgery or worse tomorrow early AM. wish i had that many vines so i could have enough wine for myself for a year. though too much work for a one man band. sounds great though. i am a pinot lover. and too hot and cold
where i live for it....

/ Trelliss to espalier pear trees #12  
There is a place that we You-Pick apples at. It is all espalier and its just amazing how much they can get get in a small space. Nice work!!

/ Trelliss to espalier pear trees #13  
ok dog was rushed to the vet just now so a bit of comment while he is getting x-rayed etc.

the maintenance is a bear.. production is less but technically higher quality. the shoots are a nightmare. i did it for netting like the vineyard for squirrels which devour my stuff. but the shoots grow into the betting worse than grapes and it takes days and weeks to get them off and you end up tearing high end stuff in 1 season. looks great. peaches and plums are difficult due to fruit appears on newer growth but then how do you try to keep them in shape and still get fruit. sometimes it works. i am actually starting to remove the [osts and wires and take a few out that are not working or in my way for my tractor and garden use - and maybe just let them grow and do their thing. i have 1 fig that is working great and 2 others i had to remove for tractor access to my side vineyard - 1 row to access. in a more ideal environment and maybe less trees and also no varmints - gray rats squirrels - maybe it would be a lot better. picking is easier with the espaliered how can one get access to the tops easily of a normal tree? you can get more trees in a smaller space which is a plus. again you have to figure out what will work. ideally i love the concept. reality -- phew!