Troy-bilt red color match?

/ Troy-bilt red color match? #1  

dstig1

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC, JD X738 Mower, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)
Anyone have a decent match for the red color in a rattle can? Had to make a couple small welding repairs and would like to get it close. It is a Tuffy from probably around early 2000's so in the MTD era for sure.
Thanks,
Dave

/ Troy-bilt red color match? #2  
It may be whatever MTD is still using for Troy Bilt branded mowers and tillers. Even if you found the correct color, it may not match if the red is faded from the sun.

Rather than pay $24 a can, I'd put some red primer over the welds and call it done.

/ Troy-bilt red color match? #3  
Anyone have a decent match for the red color in a rattle can? Had to make a couple small welding repairs and would like to get it close. It is a Tuffy from probably around early 2000's so in the MTD era for sure.
Thanks,
Dave
I used one of the rust oleum reds a few years ago on my Troy built, take a sample to the hardware store and you should be able to find a real close match

/ Troy-bilt red color match?
Thanks Willman, I may have to try that. Of course the next question is will the store actually have any spray paint this time. Last time or two I have looked the section was really light on selection. Dang supply chain issues... I just figured someone would know a match like you see for many other tractor colors out there.