Truck Code Reader Recomendations

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
I need to get a Code Reader for a 06 Duramax 4x4.
I am sure a lot of you have them in the toolbox and use them. Looking for a reasonable priced unit to help diagnose current and future issues with my truck.

What is your go to reader??

TIA

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #3  
I run the Scanguage II on both my 1 ton fords, can be customized for different readings
and will pull and reset codes as needed

>> ScanGauge II

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #4  
Avoid low end plugin blue tooth/wifi/cell phone apps units... Just bit the bullet and spend $75 to $100 (or more) for good direct plugin unit... I have a ELM 327 and Android app, some days it works and some days it is absolutely miserable to get it to read anything.... Those day I have to trudge over and borrow neighbors $89 unit...

Dale

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #5  
Pretty much anything Autel works ok even though their junk is stolen intellectual property because hey, that's how the Chinese do it!

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #6  
i'd second the Scanguage. Handy for both getting codes and using as a gauge for other things while operating if needed (like trans. temp, egt etc depending on vehicle)

/ Truck Code Reader Recomendations #7  
Pretty much anything Autel works ok even though their junk is stolen intellectual property because hey, that's how the Chinese do it!

Always copy the preferred features and discard the others. I have an Autel as well. Good OBD scanner. Chinese ain't stupid.