Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #181  
I pulled the pin on work in early September.
Not to be nosy or wander OT but is that farm work 'for the season' or did you retire from 'dealer' work? I hate to see a parts counter guy move on, or a backroom guy who'd be a best up front. Can't always count on an owner's son who's 'drifts' a 'tuner car'.

Last edited:
   / Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #182  
All good here, sir. I pulled the pin on work in early September.
That's fricking awesome my friend!!!! It's a whole new world now!!! I look forward to following your adventures!!!

I retired ten years ago this month. Or two weeks ago. Can't ever remember which. :)

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #184  
RickB, I hope your excellent advice & opinions will continue here and we'll keep getting all that for free. 😁

Enjoy your retirement and be well as they say.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #185  
RickB, I hope your excellent advice & opinions will continue here and we'll keep getting all that for free. 😁

Enjoy your retirement and be well as they say.
Thank you. I don't foresee any near term exit from TBN.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #186  
Thank you. I don't foresee any near term exit from TBN.
That's good news, your posts are always worth reading. Enjoy your retirement.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #187  
Driving on the NYS Thruway this afternoon and saw brake lights going on ahead. Got up to the spot and one of these large water totes was right in the middle of the road. Looked to be at least 5'x5'x5'.

pick up truck was pulled over a little past it. If it was his, he must have had it sitting unsecured in the bed. Had high winds today, so the wind probably tipped it out of the bed.

if it had happened at night, would've been some serious crashes.

Attachments

• 00CC4E75-9BA9-445A-92C0-9CECD8091CDF.png
    00CC4E75-9BA9-445A-92C0-9CECD8091CDF.png
    1 MB · Views: 92
   / Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #188  
It must have been empty.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #189  
It must have been empty.

yes - looked brand new. Probably just bought it and was taking it home. Didn't look banged up at all; that frame around it must be pretty solid

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #190  
So many questions unanswered so I Googled...

Who owns the boat? - still don't know. Is it the truck owners?
Who owns the truck? - couple from Florida
Who owns the trailer? - someone else from Florida

Apparently I'm sheltered here, because I wonder how hard it is for someone with no drivers license or apparently no other credentials(?) to be able to get behind the wheel of a 40K+ value truck and tow a load worth ballpark 10x that much across the country? If I were buying a boat that expensive, I'm make sure to get an insured carrier with their own equipment. For me it's a red flag to hire someone who has less equipment than me. I assume it's a family friend, who knows...

I guess it's like the accident in New Hampshire a couple years ago that killed 7 on motorcycles, but on that one, the truck was not the issue, it was the driver with a revoked license in other states, and under the influence apparently. The company owning the truck & trailer was brought up frequently in the media though having multiple charges against them, but have seen little on this one about the owners.

Maybe the lack of hire-able employees is going to keep perpetuating stuff like this?