Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #191  
^^^^
Years ago I worked with somebody who was pushing 40 and had never held a driver's license. Yet he'd worked all over the country, and had driven log trucks for a living among other things.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #192  
I work for a company with several trucks, large and small. Everyone must have a valid driver license. Payroll keeps a copy and will advice before it expires. If you don't get it done, you don't drive. Health card for all drivers of more than 1/2 ton. CDL med cards for semi's. If you have an accident, you must go to get drug tested then, not later. If you get a ticket, you pay for it. Too many tickets and you go home.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #193  
Some one in this wreck was trying to make money, the truck owner, trailer owner, boat owner. I agree that the driver is at fault, but so is the truck owner, trailer owner and boat owner. Also the owner of where the boat was loaded. They knew it was not legal.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #196  
3 years, seems like a light sentence to me.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #197  
3 years, seems like a light sentence to me.
3 years minimum to 10 years max. It is not/was not clear to me whether it went to a jury or whether this was a judge-only thing. ?? What determines where the actual jail time ends up between 3 and 10 years? Certainly what I would call "negligent homicide" but probably there was a long laundry list of circumstances leading to the sentencing. I cannot claim to know enough about it to judge. Given the havoc created and the number of deaths I tend to lean with you that 3 years seems light.

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #198  
Well. At 37k with 10% tongue weight it probably would have put the 1500 on the back bumper or destroyed the whole rear of the truck first. I'm sure someone tried this though, that's why there are warning labels on shampoo lol.
I read this and laugh at something my husband said to me about a guy from his home town.
I said that young couple seem nice.
He replied with, "She is great, pretty, smart and a great personality. What I never understood is why she is with that idiot. He is the reason we have to have a warning label on Armor all!"
It wasn't until years later that I found out he wasn't kidding. The guy apparently cleaned and polished his car and used Armor all on a vinyl bench seat, went out driving around turns way over the speed limit slid out of the drivers seat and wrecked.
Sued armor all and their warning label became standard on every bottle.

Janet

/ Truck towing overloaded kills, driver gets felony charges. #199  
3 years minimum to 10 years max. It is not/was not clear to me whether it went to a jury or whether this was a judge-only thing. ?? What determines where the actual jail time ends up between 3 and 10 years? Certainly what I would call "negligent homicide" but probably there was a long laundry list of circumstances leading to the sentencing. I cannot claim to know enough about it to judge. Given the havoc created and the number of deaths I tend to lean with you that 3 years seems light.

This is where the state's Parole Board comes in. Convict won't be eligible for parole before 3 years have elapsed and convict will need to petition the Board for parole each year between 3 and 9.