Trucks! Geez....

/ Trucks! Geez.... #51  
Today's news included production line shutdowns for BMW, Porsche, and VW that are being paused due to...lack of wiring harnesses, which are of course built for each specific vehicle and options. The factories are located in Ukraine, and they have been having trouble getting trucks through the border. Not relevant to US trucks, but highlights the supply chain issues.

All the best,

Peter

/ Trucks! Geez.... #52  
Toyota was suppose to come out with a new Land Cruiser this year, but it appears they are delaying. So I guess I will continue to rock my current one. You really can't kill them. I decided to put some new wheels on it to keep it fresh, just don't know if I like them. The two big trucks have another 4 years before I will rotate them out.View attachment 737625
Is there a story to the wall covering? :)

/ Trucks! Geez.... #54  
It's cheaper to keep an old rig running than to buy a new one. I typically put over 300,000 miles and 20 years on a vehicle before replacing it.
But you live where they don't use road salt. Rust is what kills vehicles here. Some makes last longer than others, but a 20 year old vehicle is rare.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #55  
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn on 7/7/21 and got it delivered mid November 2021. My window sticker was $86,775 back then, I went to the RAM build website and picked out my exact options today.... $90,705. And at midnight tonight Ram is tacking on an additional $1300 to the base price of 3500 series trucks making my window sticker if ordered tomorrow $92,005. I was lucky and got my truck ordered at invoice minus $500 TrueCar voucher from my employer, $78,900 was my pre-tax and crap price. She's an expensive date, but damn if she isn't pretty! And I still daily drive my 2004 Grand Prix that has just under 150K miles on it. The car is nearly done though, the underneath is literally falling apart from rot. The outside and interior are in very good condition, and it runs perfectly. What a shame that they destroy our vehicles with the de-ice chemicals up here. Everyone thinks my car is in great shape... because walking past it you can't tell it is near dead underneath.
Nice looking truck, I like the color combination.
It's the colors my "19" 1500 Laramie has I picked it up a year ago.
I had looked for almost a year for the light colored interior with a front bench seat.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #56  
But you live where they don't use road salt. Rust is what kills vehicles here. Some makes last longer than others, but a 20 year old vehicle is rare.
That's why I had planned to head south to buy a 3/4 ton. I won't use it enough to justify even a base model, and I wouldn't care to spend that kind of money anyways. When I bought my Colorado in 2018 a base model, regular cab 3/4 ton 4x4 of any of the big three was around 37K, yet even that's too much for what I would use it for.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #57  
That's why I had planned to head south to buy a 3/4 ton. I won't use it enough to justify even a base model, and I wouldn't care to spend that kind of money anyways. When I bought my Colorado in 2018 a base model, regular cab 3/4 ton 4x4 of any of the big three was around 37K, yet even that's too much for what I would use it for.
Be careful! I almost went to Arkansas to buy my son an F150 and in a whim I asked the guy I was talking to... to take pictures of the frame, springs and rear axle. All rusted. Turns out it's a Pa truck sold to Ohio, auctioned from Ohio and shipped to Arkansas. Same junk as I have up here.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #58  
Have a 01 F250 diesel with 92k miles. Bought it 11 yrs ago with 36k on it. Older gentleman just used it to drive a 5th wheel to Florida every winter. No rust on cab but bed was shot from from cutting out the bedliner for the 5th wheel and water getting under. Put a flatbed on and fluid film every yr. I'm 61 and put between 1500 and 2k miles a year on it. I don't think I am going to need another truck in my lifetime. Thank God.
Paid $14k in 2010

Jeff

/ Trucks! Geez.... #59  
Have a 01 F250 diesel with 92k miles. Bought it 11 yrs ago with 36k on it. Older gentleman just used it to drive a 5th wheel to Florida every winter. No rust on cab but bed was shot from from cutting out the bedliner for the 5th wheel and water getting under. Put a flatbed on and fluid film every yr. I'm 61 and put between 1500 and 2k miles a year on it. I don't think I am going to need another truck in my lifetime. Thank God.
Paid $14k in 2010

Jeff
That’s just what I’d like to find. As you say, most of the time it would be parked in the garage, waiting to plow or haul.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #60  
That's why I had planned to head south to buy a 3/4 ton.
Be careful! I almost went to Arkansas to buy my son an F150 and in a whim I asked the guy I was talking to... to take pictures of the frame, springs and rear axle. All rusted. Turns out it's a Pa truck sold to Ohio, auctioned from Ohio and shipped to Arkansas. Same junk as I have up here.
Yeah. The whole "head south and buy something rust free" sounds good in theory, but I'd imagine in practice not so well. First you'd have to find one you like (or several in fairly close proximity in case the first one doesn't pan out), get down there, hope it's as advertised, hope the seller will take a check from an out of town stranger, then, assuming you're successful, get it back home. A private seller won't be able to give you temporary plates, so you'll have to figure that out too or pull a trailer all the way there.

Almost sounds like more bother than it's worth.