True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple?

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #1  

streamin

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035 HST
I know this has been discussed a bunch but I cant seem to find the threads that talk about this. Anyone know where they are? I thought I was going the diverter valve way after talking to Brian at Fit rite but now I'm not sure. Anyone who has either set up can chime in on their thoughts of what works for them?

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #2  
I have the third function on my Kubota,really like it.I use it for my "grapple" and snow plow.Nice set-up with the buttons on the joy stick.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #3  
I know this has been discussed a bunch but I cant seem to find the threads that talk about this. Anyone know where they are? I thought I was going the diverter valve way after talking to Brian at Fit rite but now I'm not sure. Anyone who has either set up can chime in on their thoughts of what works for them?

i built my own grapple for my kubota L3600 i just run hoses to the rear remotes because i wasnt sure how it was all going to work out.but it works pretty good might upgrade to the third function valve someday we will see
RICK

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #4  
....but I cant seem to find the threads that talk about this. Anyone know where they are?...

In the hydraulics forum you'll find MANY threads on 3rd function setups and diverters.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #5  
Imo, it's really important to have both abilities (bucket roll & grapple close/open) at the same time. Having to fumble with switching functions would really be frustrating. It does seem like the factory set up's are a bit expensive, but in the end you'll be happy with it.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #6  
Imo, it's really important to have both abilities (bucket roll & grapple close/open) at the same time. Having to fumble with switching functions would really be frustrating. It does seem like the factory set up's are a bit expensive, but in the end you'll be happy with it.

Well, IMO after having grapple for over 6 years (first one from Markham Welding and now the one from Artillian) operated via a diverter I don't see it as important at all. Any "fumbling" as you say is very soon overcome as your muscle memory learns the system-same it true for a 3rd function setup.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #7  
I have a third function on our L5740, but don't see a problem with the diverter and will probably put one on our M8540, we are using a rear remote on it now.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #8  
I had a diverter on M7040, it didn't give me 'grip' with the grapple. People here said it was the fast dump feature. Went to 3rd function problem solved and I like it much better. Diverter is going to go on the rear...someday.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #9  
Well, IMO after having grapple for over 6 years (first one from Markham Welding and now the one from Artillian) operated via a diverter I don't see it as important at all. Any "fumbling" as you say is very soon overcome as your muscle memory learns the system-same it true for a 3rd function setup.

Try out a thumb switch right on your loader joystick, you might be suprised. Now if there is a neat way to mount an electric switch on it, I might be suprised.:thumbsup:
I started with my grapple on one of my skidsteer's about 15 years ago when (I think) they first started to appear, and got used to having full control for the grapple.

/ True 3rd function or diverter valve for grapple? #10  
IMHO.
Third dedicated valve is always best but in some cases not cost effective. Do what you have to do and learn to use it. Not like your making your living with it.