TRUE tri-axle?

/ TRUE tri-axle? #21  
   / TRUE tri-axle? #22  
Its not uncommon in dumptrucks here in Holland. European trucks are allowed 11.5 ton on a single drive axle (all standard transit trucks are single drive axle) but in the Dutch law there is a loophole in how they described that an axle with more than 1.80m center distance of another, is seen as a single axle. So if you make an 8x8 with permanent front drive (transfer case with an interaxle differential) and set the axles 1.81m apart, you get a permitted vehicle weight of 46 ton. The 2nd axle is a pivot steered axle, the last axle is steered by replacing the trailing arms by hydraulic cylinders.

Tolkamp Agritransport stalmeststrooien met Ginaf en Tebbe 2018 Trekkerweb - YouTube

/ TRUE tri-axle?
Its not uncommon in dumptrucks here in Holland. European trucks are allowed 11.5 ton on a single drive axle (all standard transit trucks are single drive axle) but in the Dutch law there is a loophole in how they described that an axle with more than 1.80m center distance of another, is seen as a single axle. So if you make an 8x8 with permanent front drive (transfer case with an interaxle differential) and set the axles 1.81m apart, you get a permitted vehicle weight of 46 ton. The 2nd axle is a pivot steered axle, the last axle is steered by replacing the trailing arms by hydraulic cylinders.

Tolkamp Agritransport stalmeststrooien met Ginaf en Tebbe 2018 Trekkerweb - YouTube

I have always wanted a 6x6 chassis with super singles, probably an IH7400/7500/7600 long wheelbase with a 25 dumping flatbed for getting big bales off my wet fields and some kind of a big V box spreader so I can go up the road and get loads of mushroom soil and spread them when things are slow.

I would need a chassis that had interchangeable beds and thats where the dream comes crashing down. Lol It would be VERY expensive....
Ive seen 6x6 trucks with permanent mounted spreaders, but none that are large and could be easily mounted or dismounted on a long flatbed for hay hauling.

/ TRUE tri-axle? #24  
I would need a chassis that had interchangeable beds and thats where the dream comes crashing down. Lol It would be VERY expensive....
Ive seen 6x6 trucks with permanent mounted spreaders, but none that are large and could be easily mounted or dismounted on a long flatbed for hay hauling.

This guy has a dumpbox, silage box, and slurry tank to swap this spreader box for.

/ TRUE tri-axle?
This guy has a dumpbox, silage box, and slurry tank to swap this spreader box for.

See, that’s the way it should be! One truck with interchangeable beds!
I thought of trying a AWD road tractor, but it would get stuck trying to drag a trailer through soft fields

/ TRUE tri-axle? #27  
See, that’s the way it should be! One truck with interchangeable beds!
I thought of trying a AWD road tractor, but it would get stuck trying to drag a trailer through soft fields

I’ve briefly looked at those, it would be nice to have a flatbed/rollback bed, dump body and a few dumpsters but they’re so expensive I can keep running multiple trucks and trailers like I am now and be cheaper. Plus with multiple drivers I can run multiple trucks and when one breaks down I still have something to do work with.

/ TRUE tri-axle?
Speaking of stuck.....
It’s the time of year where mud on top of frozen ground is deadly slippery

Attachments

• 1EA96E9E-8084-48F9-9710-CC0DC324B5BE.jpeg
    1EA96E9E-8084-48F9-9710-CC0DC324B5BE.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 131
   / TRUE tri-axle? #29  
About 35 years ago, I worked for an excavation company that leased their tandem dumps on with the state for salt spreading only. We pulled the tailgate's, slid in the spreader boxes with a track loader and hooked up the hydraulics. I think that the front of the spreader was chained down to the truck frame? Only took a few minutes. Seems like you could do that with any type of spreader?

The difference between a 4x4 stuck in the mud and a 6x6 stuck in the mud is the size of the rescue equipment, lol!

/ TRUE tri-axle?
About 35 years ago, I worked for an excavation company that leased their tandem dumps on with the state for salt spreading only. We pulled the tailgate's, slid in the spreader boxes with a track loader and hooked up the hydraulics. I think that the front of the spreader was chained down to the truck frame? Only took a few minutes. Seems like you could do that with any type of spreader?

The difference between a 4x4 stuck in the mud and a 6x6 stuck in the mud is the size of the rescue equipment, lol!

Yeah I kind of envisioned a 20-25 V box spreader hanging from a gantry type set up. Just dont quite have the room or resources for it.
On tractor house website, there was a big 6x6 with flotation tires and a 20 V box, but it was TOO off road (Gator type tires). Couldnt be used for repetitive OTR hay hauling.
What I picture is a 6x6 chassis with a 25 flatbed for big square bale hauling that could have a big V box spreader installed on top of it for spreading on frozen ground.
Too much overthinking :laughing:
I may just do a 6x6 with super singles and a 25’ flatbed for hauling big squares after I have finally had enough of selling round bales for feed hay. Florida Power & Light runs em for digger derricks & sells em off for peanuts.
Pre-emissions units getting harder to find, though.

Attachments

• 1E265B04-A406-4027-B7AD-FBD99A11642D.png
    1E265B04-A406-4027-B7AD-FBD99A11642D.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 817BD667-CAD6-407D-B86B-F7A5597EC38C.png
    817BD667-CAD6-407D-B86B-F7A5597EC38C.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 112