Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #21  
Thanks for all the well thought out responses. As much as I'd prefer to deal with someone close by, I'm just not feeling good about the local LS guy. Not even confident they have a full time service mechanic on staff. I'm going with the RK37 and crossing my fingers I get a good one that never needs service I can't do myself. I've been very fortunate over the years to have never needed warranty service on any new vehicles or equipment. Hopefully my luck continues.

No disrespect to LS Tractors. They're awesome machines and I'd be proud to own one.

RK from the Lake Wales store?

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #22  
If service and warranty were my priority RK would be at the bottom of my list.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #23  
I agree with ovrszd. It is too bad about your dealer. I have a great dealer in Alabama and he continues to grow and sell more. He still has tractors and now selling more product lines. I had to call the other day and asked when they would be moving to a larger spot. I think there are a lot of people on this site that have purchased tractors from other states and still get good service.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive
RK from the Lake Wales store?

Yes. They're the closest. Good info and vibes from Dan. He said it should be there in 2 weeks or so.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #25  
Yes. They're the closest. Good info and vibes from Dan. He said it should be there in 2 weeks or so.

I looked at RK37 and RK55, at the Spring Hilll store (bought a hand gun there).
Ultimately, bought used, very low hour, Kubota L48 instead.
Isn't there an RK store in Bonita Springs? Do they sell tractors?

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #26  
sounds like to trying to most of the work by email. if i was leaning towards that tractor I would make a trip
back with pen and paper and do my deal making face to face ..

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #27  
A simple concept I have, I do business with people who do what they say they are going to do, when they say they will do it. I preach this to my employees daily. Really does not matter if it is face to face, email, text or phone call. People either get it or they are just don't care. I have no desire to beg people to sell me something.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #28  
A simple concept I have, I do business with people who do what they say they are going to do, when they say they will do it. I preach this to my employees daily. Really does not matter if it is face to face, email, text or phone call. People either get it or they are just don't care. I have no desire to beg people to sell me something.

Messick's comes to mind on this!
They what they do,.... better than any!

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #29  

I completely agree with this!
But I also expand it to people I interact with, even outside of business.
For example: if a person wishes for me to call them "friend" then they must be a friend. Otherwise they are acquaintances. Recently, a co-worker got offended when I said "I have no friends here. I have co-workers here." Even though I am friendly toward them, they have all been invited to 'hang out' with me after work in some fashion or another, and none have taken me up on the invite. And I only invite once.
People have got to put fourth the effort. If someone is being lazy or slow, unresponsive, or just not helpful... I fire them. They will not associate with me at all outside of whats required. I expect people to do the right thing, but if they let me down, they do not get my attention or business again.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #30  
I prefer the hardworking employees to those who do the bare minimum.

Agree 100%.
\
Buddy hired a gal that deserves a medal.
When it's quiet she dusts, sweeps cleans windows etc on and on.
A real jewel of a sweetheart.
She even brings in lunches for all from time to time.
On her own she bought treats for clients at Xmas and Halloween.

We designated her as an absolute 'keeper'.
Heck I even get her a little something at Xmas!