Rotary Cutter Trying to decide on brush cutter.

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter. #31  
Tire drives are pretty awesome. We run or Brush Beast off a New Holland TT45A (35 PTO hp). 1516585877417.jpg

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter. #32  
This just came up on local site: good price. Any feedback on it for my L3130? Will my tractor have any issues with it? 6’ ( may be 66” not sure yet)

View attachment 536831

I have 2 of these. They are Sidewinders. No longer made but parts are still readily available. They are bullet proof. The tire powers the fly wheel, so there is no clutch to worry about. It is very heavy. If I was anywhere closer, I would get it. How much are they asking for it?

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter.
I have 2 of these. They are Sidewinders. No longer made but parts are still readily available. They are bullet proof. The tire powers the fly wheel, so there is no clutch to worry about. It is very heavy. If I was anywhere closer, I would get it. How much are they asking for it?

$800. Not bad I don’t think!

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter. #34  
This just came up on local site: good price. Any feedback on it for my L3130? Will my tractor have any issues with it? 6 ( may be 66 not sure yet)

IMG_0785.JPG

If your tractor will handle the weight, go for it. :thumbsup:

In thick brush or tall grass, you can mow less than full width.

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter. #35  
So many of the various brush cutters windrow the clippings vs even distribution. MK Martin , Canada has 3 blade Pulsar model. Finer cut, uniform clipping distribution.

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter. #36  
Yeah, it's amazing how brush can manage to spear things!. Imagine something jamming in there and then flailing about! (or, just winding up material- I've got lots of blackberries and the canes can be VERY long and wrap up in everything- with a standard rotary cutter I only have occasional issues with wrapping stuff up in the PTO shafts, though with proper guards and such that should be a very infrequent issue)

In the 20+ years I have used my Sidewinders, I have never had anything get wrapped or jammed under the tire. They've been used to cut some pretty rough terrain and over 100 acres of pastures each year and still have the original tires. There are shims under the bearing blocks that are removed as the tire wears. Don't have to worry about clutch plates or shear pins.

/ Trying to decide on brush cutter.
Went and looked at it. Would be too heavy and too wide for my 3130. But a dang heavy duty brush cutter though! IMG_0810.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0808.JPG