TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #21  
This thread is a hoot. I have to smile at the dismissive hubris of some of our TBN friends when it comes to opinions on brand name vs. private label hydraulic fluids and engine oils. Brings to mind the T-shirt that says "Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt!" :)

I couldn't get xcgreene's link in post #6 to work, so I've repeated it here:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/404461-oil-analysis-traveller-premium-universal-2.html

Just another data point: I've used TSC Travellers Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid in my 2014 NX4510HST cab for five years, with nary a whine, after checking with my dealer. Now, here in Northern Virginia we don't have the sustained single-digit temps of our northern U.S. and Canadian neighbors, so can't speak to performance there.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #22  
What never ceases to amaze me is, people spend multiple thousands of dollars for a tractor (in my case north of 50 grand for each) and then put in weasel pee fluids and cheapo filters but would never do that with their cars or trucks.

To me, that makes as much sense as standing in a tub and trying to pick yourself up with the handles...

I use all my tractors in an ag setting and they work hard. I have 3500 hours on one and 2000+ hours on the others and use the best fluids and filters I can buy because I depend on my tractors for a living. They all get oil analysis' every other change as well and none of them has ever had an internal engine issue, same with the transmissions. I change on the recommended by manufacturer intervals, always. In fact, I stick right to the maintenance schedules and that includes valve adjustments. I imaging most people (owners) on here never approach the hours I have on mine so in that respect, using generic fluids may be fine, but for me it's not. I'm not penny wise, pound foolish. For me that spells issues down the road.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #23  
I run Kubota filters/fluids in my kubotas also.

Dang Coobie, must be a Michigan thing...lol I'm in southern Michigan as well and I have one of those side by side's too but mine is orange and I just bought SUDT to change the transmission fluid in it. Was going to use my usual Chevron All Weather Synthetic THC (which by the way is more expensive than SUDT) but my dealer told me not to because the Sidekick is new and under warranty. Oil wise, it will get Rotella T6.

Attachments

• Sidekick (4).JPG
    Sidekick (4).JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 63
   / TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #24  
We have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of forklifts at work (not that takes much at $40-70k for a new one), they get 2000-4000 hours per year put on them, all done with good aftermarket oil and other fluids (now food grade hydraulic oil for the hydraulics) as well as filters.
No lubrication related failures in recent history

Aaron Z

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #25  
Dang Coobie, must be a Michigan thing...lol I'm in southern Michigan as well and I have one of those side by side's too but mine is orange and I just bought SUDT to change the transmission fluid in it. Was going to use my usual Chevron All Weather Synthetic THC (which by the way is more expensive than SUDT) but my dealer told me not to because the Sidekick is new and under warranty. Oil wise, it will get Rotella T6.

Bought my Kubota RTV 900 back in 2006 been using SUDT fluids/filters since new about 900 hours on the old girl.No issues runs like a top.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #26  
What never ceases to amaze me is, people spend multiple thousands of dollars for a tractor (in my case north of 50 grand for each) and then put in weasel pee fluids and cheapo filters but would never do that with their cars or trucks.

To me, that makes as much sense as standing in a tub and trying to pick yourself up with the handles...

I use all my tractors in an ag setting and they work hard. I have 3500 hours on one and 2000+ hours on the others and use the best fluids and filters I can buy because I depend on my tractors for a living. They all get oil analysis' every other change as well and none of them has ever had an internal engine issue, same with the transmissions. I change on the recommended by manufacturer intervals, always. In fact, I stick right to the maintenance schedules and that includes valve adjustments. I imaging most people (owners) on here never approach the hours I have on mine so in that respect, using generic fluids may be fine, but for me it's not. I'm not penny wise, pound foolish. For me that spells issues down the road.
OH please.
I'm running Super Tek gear oil in the front and rear diffs of the car and truck (have been in the truck for decades). Also in the gearboxes of my mowers and tiller.
Super Teck gear oil in the front axle of my tractor, Super Teck HD tractor transmission fluid and, Napa HD tractor Transmission fluid or TSC Travelers tractor fluid in my tractor for the past 18 years, (2200+ hours)
Been using Super Tek grease on my tractor, truck cars, mowers, tillers, Etc. Etc. for decades. Never a single problem. Tractor, loader and mowers still nice and tight and working like new.
Ran TSC traveler fluid in the rear diff (with wet brakes) on my ATV for years and 7300+ miles. zero problems, working like new when I sold it.
Napa filters on everything I own.

Last edited:
   / TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #27  
Never heard of it. They sell it at Harbor Freight?:laughing:

In reality, don't care if you fill your gearboxes with a garden hose, cannkcase too.

/ TSC Traveller Hyd Fluid #29  
Don't go to Wally World, wife does, I don't. I hear I should though, I hear Walmart shoppers are quite interesting to observe.:D Lots of interesting You-Tube vids of them....