Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #1  

WoodChuckDad

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320 Power Shuttle Cab, Komatsu PC130-6
IF you have a similar building, how accurate were the online or original price quotes?
I need another goat barn. I visited another farm where I plan to buy some goats, and they had a large,tube frame steel building. I liked the way it looks and I think something a bit smaller would work very well for us. I was thinking something like a 20x30 or 24x35 would serve me pretty well. I got a quote on a 24x32 pole barn and that came in at 27k to start. I don't really have time to build one but I priced out the lumber to make a small 16x32 and that puts me at about $6,500 before adding doors and windows. There are some online companys like Alans and metal buildings direct that have prices advertized for these buildings from 10-15k. supposedly, That includes installationl.
I havn't found any that sell just the kit.

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #2  
Not trying to Hijack but curious if you eat your goat meat and what does the meat compare too (Deer, sheep, etc)?

I don't know that I've had it. And, are their certain types of goats that have better meat. I'm thinking of getting some hooved animals to add to the back yard for freezer meat next year.

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn
I havn't eaten mine, but I have had goat. I like it. similar to venison. It is a lean meat. The goats can do a great job of helping to control weeds and clear understory, so long as you don't have plants that are poisonous to them, We have 4 does and I'm planning to buy 4 more does, and 2 bucks this year to start increasing numbers.
Lots of breeds to choose from for meat production. Lots of folks around here like boar for meat goats, but they are a little less hardy when it comes to parasites. mine are a boar kiko mix, with more boar than kiko. I'm buying 100% kiko mainly because they are more parasite resistant, and I like the look and size of them.
Planning to put the bucks in the current little 8x12 that I am using now, and move does to the new barn. Assuming I can find something that fits my wallet.

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #4  
Friend of mine just had a 30 x 40 with two 10 x 10 rollup doors for $12,000.
This was just the building installed on the base you provide.

I recently got an estimate of $11,000 for a 30 x 36 vertical metal with wainscoting and 1 - 10 x 10 rollup plus an entrance door. This was to be installed on our concrete slab.

A neighbor had one installed and was well pleased with the company.

The company is out if NC but they have crews that install in the surrounding states.
Contact info is

Mickey Hayes
346-793-5439
mickey.hayes@mrcarports.com

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #5  
Thanks, a goat is the only domestic farm animal I have zero knowledge/experience with. I was going to do beef but I don't have quite enough land to grass pasture a beef. I am thinking about 2 or 3 beef goats though.

Thanks, Alan. That is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #7  
Around here they have pre-fab sheds everywhere. I have one and really like it. The amish build them and then they haul them in in on a flatbed. Sometimes, they get repos and you can get a lot more bang for your buck from a repo because it was pre-owned. I've seen some pretty large repo barns for under $10k. Large is a relative term but close to the sizes that you are wanting, maybe a little narrower. You can probably find a 12 by 32 for under $12k depending on the options.

Sometimes people want to upsize their barn and will sell a prefab barn for a big discount and there are companies out there that advertise for barn/shed moving because they already have the equipment. If you could find a good used one on Marketplace and put a grand into moving it, you might get a nice barn for a discount. Just a thought.

Example: Log into Facebook

Example : Repo Barn Log into Facebook

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #8  
IMG_6757.JPG
IMG_6758.JPG
IMG_6759.JPG
IMG_6761.JPG
IMG_6763.JPG
IMG_6764.JPG
IMG_6768.JPG
IMG_6769.JPG

Heres a few pics of my neighbors building.
Dont hold the blue tractor against him he’s a pretty good guy.

/ Tube Frame Metal Buildings--I need a new goat barn #9  
IF you have a similar building, how accurate were the online or original price quotes?
I need another goat barn. I visited another farm where I plan to buy some goats, and they had a large,tube frame steel building. I liked the way it looks and I think something a bit smaller would work very well for us. I was thinking something like a 20x30 or 24x35 would serve me pretty well. I got a quote on a 24x32 pole barn and that came in at 27k to start. I don't really have time to build one but I priced out the lumber to make a small 16x32 and that puts me at about $6,500 before adding doors and windows. There are some online companys like Alans and metal buildings direct that have prices advertized for these buildings from 10-15k. supposedly, That includes installationl.
I havn't found any that sell just the kit.
VersaTube sells tube type metal structure kits including barns. Their sizes may be somewhat larger than what you are looking for though.