Turf tires vs r4’s

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
Lower your air pressure, on my gc I have them around 14-15 psi.
Had turfs on the first series 2 JD. Had LOTS of front tire problems. Have had R4s on the 1025R and now on the 2025R. No tire problems at all. Yeah, a bit harder riding. Haven't tried lowering the pressure on the rear ones. Was suggested to another OP who brought this up. DO NOT lower pressure on the front ones though.
Thanks

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #12  
You can check out Carlisle Versa Turf's, a combination of R4's and a Turf tire, plus it is a radial tire. I replaced the R4's on my Massey GC1723 with the Versa Turfs and they are fantastic, as I have a lot of hills and they provide great traction. They also have a nice ride and don't tear up the grass.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #13  
Well, I understand what you are saying but you can buy them with either tire with a front end loader and they don’t tell you not to use it with turf tires ?
They’re just lawnmower tires stuck on a tractor. They’ll do okay for light duty but FEL work gives them pinch flats pretty quick.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #14  
If you have an FEL and pick up any kind of weight at all, use R4s. Turfs don't have the sidewall support.

BE VERY CAREFUL reducing air pressure on R4s The beads and rims are smaller and they can easily de-rim if under inflated.

You might try looking at a tire that is in between the two if you really need a softer ride for some medical reason. It's a tractor, not a luxury car. It ain't made for smooth.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #17  
If you have an FEL and pick up any kind of weight at all, use R4s. Turfs don't have the sidewall support.

This is not true. The tractors ship with options for turf and are classed to support the FEL. Be sure to purchase appropriate size and class per manufacturer spec and you will be fine.

As was said earlier, you could try the VersaTurf from Carlisle. I have them on my tractor and they provide good traction in snow as well as not tearing up the turf. I also have a set of turf with a few hours on them but don’t think I will be going back.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
They’re just lawnmower tires stuck on a tractor. They’ll do okay for light duty but FEL work gives them pinch flats pretty quick.
Ok, thanks

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
You can check out Carlisle Versa Turf's, a combination of R4's and a Turf tire, plus it is a radial tire. I replaced the R4's on my Massey GC1723 with the Versa Turfs and they are fantastic, as I have a lot of hills and they provide great traction. They also have a nice ride and don't tear up the grass.

Thanks for the information

/ Turf tires vs r4’s

BE VERY CAREFUL reducing air pressure on R4s The beads and rims are smaller and they can easily de-rim if under inflated.

You might try looking at a tire that is in between the two if you really need a softer ride for some medical reason. It's a tractor, not a luxury car. It ain't made for smooth.
Lol, got it thanks.