TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
So I ended up gambling on the seals ending in 400, they happen to be £30 each rather than £130 both plus vat totals would have been £80 or £300 plus, the size given was incorrect and the OD is 88mm, I got the new seal in, it was very tight on the shoulder where the old seal sat against and needed quite a bit of persuasion, probably slightly indenting the edge of the steel part of the new seal,

I made replacement gaskets by gently tapping round the casing with a small ball peen hammer,

Untitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Then we have the other side with the diff lock mechanism, pretty straight forward how it works,

The leaver just pulls the internals pushing the fork out engaging the rectangular dogs,

Some strange marks in the internal bearing surface, the shaft has matching marks, no steps or roughness can be found so not sure what has caused it,

Some damage can be seen on the other side of the diff lock mechanism

So over the weekend I'll get it reassembled and see if the casings hold the oil with no leaks.

Chris

Having been plagued with hydraulic oil leaks from the loader spool valves due to corrosion and pitting to the spool internals, having tried many hydraulic engineers to find replacement parts but I was unable to source anything, I bit the bullet and bought a replacement double monoblock spool.

But there is a problem, when I go to raise the loader, moving the leaver from its mid position to back makes the loader lower until the leaver is fully back and the loader then starts raising, if you do it quick its not an issue but its not going to be very good for delicate work, I have emailed the suppliers to see if this is expected, I was made aware these are not proportional therefore only one leaver could be operated at one time, which maybe on paper is the case but not in real life, this conversation I had with the supplier but waited to see how the operation actually worked and it works fine, apart from the other issue.

If anyone knows I'd be interested to here why it is doing this.

Chris

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #133  
A valve with load holding check valves prevent that from happening. Basically, when feathering the controls, until the pressure on the pump matches the pressure on the cylinders, it cause it to drop. The load check valve, as the name suggests, holds the load on the cylinder preventing it from dropping. Then the pump overcomes that pressure and lifts the cylinders. Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining stuff, but if you search online, there are plenty of videos or pages explaining this in a better way.

You can either get a valve with those check valves, which will be more expensive or just live with what you have and learn how to overcome that. I had the same issues on my first homemade loader on a Kubota B7000 but I just learned how to handle it and it wasn't really an issue. It gets particularly worse if you're trying to do two functions at the same time.

A valve with load holding check valves prevent that from happening. Basically, when feathering the controls, until the pressure on the pump matches the pressure on the cylinders, it cause it to drop. The load check valve, as the name suggests, holds the load on the cylinder preventing it from dropping. Then the pump overcomes that pressure and lifts the cylinders. Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining stuff, but if you search online, there are plenty of videos or pages explaining this in a better way.

You can either get a valve with those check valves, which will be more expensive or just live with what you have and learn how to overcome that. I had the same issues on my first homemade loader on a Kubota B7000 but I just learned how to handle it and it wasn't really an issue. It gets particularly worse if you're trying to do two functions at the same time.
Thanks for your reply, thats makes sense, if only I had know that before buying this one, it was a shame the supplier did not make me aware of this before I made the purchase, I will see what they say and advise. I will be interested to see if they have a replacement, if not I will just live with it I guess, until or if I can get my original refurbished,

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #135  
Thanks for your reply, thats makes sense, if only I had know that before buying this one, it was a shame the supplier did not make me aware of this before I made the purchase, I will see what they say and advise. I will be interested to see if they have a replacement, if not I will just live with it I guess, until or if I can get my original refurbished,
Definitely contact them and see what other option they have for your needs.

This tractor will be pretty much brand new once you finish it. You've been doing a great job!

Definitely contact them and see what other option they have for your needs.

This tractor will be pretty much brand new once you finish it. You've been doing a great job!
Thanks, its looking fine now,

So after a good number of emails to the supplier of the spool valve, I am no further on, they are blaming the old spool unused under the seat the hoses are passing through and they are also blaming the quick release couplings used in the detachable lines.

Here is a couple of videos of both spool valves fitted today as evidence it surely cant be the piping runs or redundant spool under the seat which I hope to be able to use in the future,

Original Spools, working as expected

New Spools, notice the dropping before the raise when the leaver is pulled back.

Chris

Last edited:
   / TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #137  
That's way worse than I ever experienced. Mine, for the most part, only did it while using two functions at the same time, which is kind of normal for these cheaper valves. The sectional valves have independent check valves for each spool, while most of the monoblock ones only have a main load check valve for all the functions.

I wonder if the load check valve is stuck open on that new valve if it has one. Do you know the manufacturer and model of that valve?

It's also a shame that the hydraulic shop is trying to turn things around on you and not really helping you. As long as the fluid goes to the new valve through the In port, what's after or before won't really matter for it's function.

All valves apparently are bench tested before being sent out, there is a relief valve on the new spool, I did think about adjusting it but I'll leave it as it is for now, the old spools are fitted back on the tractor, worst case they can take it back as it is not doing what it should. The company who supplied the valve also possibly manufacture it, not sure if you could see but the original is a sectional valve.

Chris

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #139  
All valves apparently are bench tested before being sent out, there is a relief valve on the new spool, I did think about adjusting it but I'll leave it as it is for now, the old spools are fitted back on the tractor, worst case they can take it back as it is not doing what it should. The company who supplied the valve also possibly manufacture it, not sure if you could see but the original is a sectional valve.

Chris
Yes, I noticed the original sectional valve. I scored one of those used for my homemade loader for €40 still in awesome shape and it's night and day difference compared to the cheaper monoblock valves. I believe it came from a on Case skidsteer or backhoe loader. It has load check valves, work port relief valve, anticavitation valves, all the bells and whistles really.

Too bad you could find any parts to fix the old one. Is the new one a Flowfit valve? Looks very similar to the valves they sell under their name.

Yes, I noticed the original sectional valve. I scored one of those used for my homemade loader for €40 still in awesome shape and it's night and day difference compared to the cheaper monoblock valves. I believe it came from a on Case skidsteer or backhoe loader. It has load check valves, work port relief valve, anticavitation valves, all the bells and whistles really.

Too bad you could find any parts to fix the old one. Is the new one a Flowfit valve? Looks very similar to the valves they sell under their name.
That was great find, I think the original is a vapormatic, unfortunately spares no longer exist, that valve is fine its just the spool I need, such a pity,

Your are correct with your stab at the new spool manufacturer!!
I might keep looking and see what turns up on ebay, they have a sectional valve at £325 I thought I would try this first and was advised by a hydraulic engineering firm I send a request to help with refurbishment of the original spool to just get a monoblock spool, cheaper option to a repair.

Chris