TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #11  
Hello neighbor! Your the 5th member here that lives in the Edgewood area.... small world for sure.
Is this happening every time your cutting? How about other tasks?.

How is the mower ? Everything spinning freely? Gearbox isn't too tight?

Just thinking if something other than the tractor is acting up.

Keep us updated.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #12  
Did you change the fuel filter? From what I can tell, water separator is the only thing that was fiddled with.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #13  
For the fuel pump, does it have a small 12v lift pump? If so, the auto parts stores sell an inexpensive pump you can try. Just jumper it to the battery to try it out.... if it works, then you can permanently wire it in.

Or.... really cheap....

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #14  
Is there a way to test it? I know it turns on because I can hear it making the same noise it has for years. It is 12 years old by the way.
Open up the bleeder at the injection pump when it quits running well, with the key on. May want to do that when cold for reference.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #15  
I doubt there is anything distinct on the pump you have all it does is lift the fuel from the tank to the real pump. Just guessing but, 12-volts, 3 to 5 psi, 5-gpm, electric pump should work. You aren’t pulling moving gobs of fuel, and it just needs to maintain positive pressure to the main injector pump.

If you have the manual, it may have specs on the pump.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time
Hello neighbor! Your the 5th member here that lives in the Edgewood area.... small world for sure.
Is this happening every time your cutting? How about other tasks?.

How is the mower ? Everything spinning freely? Gearbox isn't too tight?

Just thinking if something other than the tractor is acting up.

Keep us updated.
Hi, I am over on Square H
It has been working fine till now. The last time I had the cutter on was 2019 when my brother was cutting the field for me after my accident. No problem then. I did notice that last winter when I was plowing snow it seemed a bit sluggish in the deep stuff. When the cutter spins up it sounds normal and cuts great. I guess I can try disengaging the cuter when it starts to act up and see if the issue is still there.

Ok, here is something that is really crazy. I looked up the part number for the pump and found ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP FOR 5010|6010|6110 MAHINDRA TRACTOR (16999052300) for $235.00. I went and found Amazon.com: ‎zt truck parts 12V 3-5PSI Electric Fuel Pump 68371-51210 for Kubota D1005 D1105 D905 Engine : Automotive for $15.80. The are identical. What gives? I ordered the $15 one. Can't hurt to try. It is for a Kubota D 1005 D1105 D905 engine. I know these tractor shops need to make a buck but I don't want to pay to send their kid to Yale. LOL

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #18  
The amazon one is a Chinese copy. The original is Korean made. As far as the price, they aren't quite as high from TYM but still outrageous. All the TYM parts from Mahindra are anywhere from 10-100% higher then from TYM. More Information for AUTOBEST 12D . This is the one I've been using when the customer doesn't want the factory one. One thing I would add, if your new pump doesn't come with a strainer. Install an inline fuel filter before the pump. Most of these are setup were they are pulling unfiltered fuel from the tank. Scratch that. Looked in the manual and this one is setup with the filter before the lift pump.

Last edited:
The amazon one is a Chinese copy. The original is Korean made. As far as the price, they aren't quite as high from TYM but still outrageous. All the TYM parts from Mahindra are anywhere from 10-100% higher then from TYM. More Information for AUTOBEST 12D . This is the one I've been using when the customer doesn't want the factory one. One thing I would add, if your new pump doesn't come with a strainer. Install an inline fuel filter before the pump. Most of these are setup were they are pulling unfiltered fuel from the tank. Scratch that. Looked in the manual and this one is setup with the filter before the lift pump.
Well, if the cheep Chinese knockoff works I will look at getting a better one later. Thanks

I took a closer look at the picture from Bill's Tractor and Equipment. It is the same friggen pump with another label superimposed over it. If you look close you can see the Chinese knockoff pump label. Now if that is not flat out stealing/a rip off I don't know what is. I know one company I am not buying parts from.

Last edited:
   / TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #20  
I always search part numbers. Coming from the auto industry many components on all sorts of gas, diesel, and electric machines come from the same manufactures. Not always but a good chance you will find the direct source that company purchased from. Example my arctic cat sled. AC wanted $380 for the 2 injectors. Looked up the body number. Lone behold it’s a $18 Injector made by many main brand manufactures for several popular 90s-2000s Honda and Toyotas.