UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours

/ UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours #21  
Care to elaborate? How is it up to me? Are you saying it's a personal opinion?

Granted it's an inexpensive test and not like the $100-$200 ones I see. I would assume that if it's clear from contamination, it would be viable.

Whether or not it can show how much it has degraded and can operate as intended is the question. If it could be compared to a sample that was unused that would be able to give me a fair idea of its condition.

Don't make me send out a clean sample! Don't do it! lol

It's up to you what you do with the information. You'll have to gain an understanding of the gearbox being tested and what's expected as normal for heavy metal content. That changes with every application.

If the tester is specifically familiar with your gearbox and knows the recommended factory levels they might have some insight. If it's a simple generic oil analysis, they have nothing to offer.

/ UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours
The postcard I sent back asked about the make and model of the machine being tested, as well as the oil type, last time it was changed if ever, and wanted to know why I was testing it. Let's hope these people know what they're doing. I'm fairly confident, they were recommended by several other members for what its worth.

/ UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours #23  
The postcard I sent back asked about the make and model of the machine being tested, as well as the oil type, last time it was changed if ever, and wanted to know why I was testing it. Let's hope these people know what they're doing. I'm fairly confident, they were recommended by several other members for what its worth.

Blackstone is a quality lab. Where testing really shines is establishing a baseline, and trends for a specific machine or application.
That said, a single test can still provide valuable information and I am interested in your results.

I mailed it out on 9/17 and looks like I'm having a delivery issue with USPS. I ordered another kit, will resample, and switch to UPS.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 6.01.54 AM.png

Here is the report guys,

I opted for the extra $10 tannin result, I'll call them to clarify that one, and I haven't taken the time to make a more precise interpretation but the notes say its good to go. I'll follow up with another comment on the results if I have anything worthwhile to share.

Here a copy of the explanation the website offers for the transmission and a jpg is attached of the actual report.

Transmission Report Explanation | Blackstone Laboratories

15 KUBOTA-TR-201019.jpg

Cheers!

/ UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours #26  
Here is the report guys,

I opted for the extra $10 tannin result, I'll call them to clarify that one, and I haven't taken the time to make a more precise interpretation but the notes say its good to go. I'll follow up with another comment on the results if I have anything worthwhile to share.

Here a copy of the explanation the website offers for the transmission and a jpg is attached of the actual report.

Transmission Report Explanation | Blackstone Laboratories

View attachment 674746

Cheers!
Now send in a virgin sample of oil straight out of a new barrel and we can see what are the measurable differences!

Now send in a virgin sample of oil straight out of a new barrel and we can see what are the measurable differences!

At that rate I would also need a sample that was over the hour limit to get a true gauge of where I'm at.

I waited till the 400 hour mark to swap the fluid and filters.. Fluid came out clear and slightly darker. No issues other than the mid pto case failing, as I thought it would. When I removed the bolt a coil of metal thread came along with it. I put the drain bolt back in but its loose fitting. Will follow up in a new thread. Thanks for the replies.

/ UDT2 Maintenance interval, time vs. hours #30  
I'm at 350 hours, and the manual states to change the hydro fluid at 400. I barely used the tractor this year and can most likely get through the winter with using it just 50 hours for snow removal.

Last time I changed the hydro fluid was 3 years ago.

There is no, 4 years or 400 hour interval recommendation.

Change now or wait? Is there any data to support the time vs hour interval? I couldn't find much of anything online except that hydro fluid does degrade over time. Not sure about the UDT2.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks
Think mine says 400 hours. To me, that's 400 hours after the 50 hour change. I changed just the filter @ 200 hours. So, on the clock, 400 hours on the oil is 450 hours on the clock. Don't think time makes much difference on UDT oil.

I've never taken a hydraulic coupling loose on any of my 3 tractors. No way it gets contaminated.