UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #1,001  
Just one thing I'm caught on now. Wouldn't the Doppler effect cause the light to double toward blue as the distance closed by 2x?

Anyway, if light and or radio waves could travel any faster I wonder what's ever holding them back? If Einstein and Hawking were right it would seem that encountering or dodging gravitational fields might as likely slow down as speed up either one, whether significantly or not.

That we could travel as fast or faster than light physically in our lifetime is unlikely. We're learning more about black holes than we are about wormholes. Scientific evidence always trumps 'some guy said'.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,002  
What about measuring how long it takes light to get from known distance point a to b then extrapolating how far it goes in a year makes a person Godless?
What he meant was that a godless person is one who knows not and doesn't know he knows not.

All the scientific theories about the nature of reality are just guesses. There is nothing wrong about making a guess as long as you don't turn it into a fact of life and eternal truth. If you do that, then you are playing God. And this is what scientists are doing when they make up a story that we are human beings descended from apes and inhabiting Planet Earth.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,003  
Nobody with an open mind thinks we are descended from apes, only from a common ancestor. Those who wrote the holy books lacked our understanding of time, medicine, flight by mechanical means, the internet, etc that science and technology have taught us to understand and to use.

Science doesn't depend on the oldest guy/scroll/'dragon skull' unearthed being all there is, and we should consider other perspectives despite the hubris of our own. Science is rewritten as we gain new knowledge and can better understand and describe how we got here and what's 'out there.' It's not one book, it's many, and many become obsolete.

Anyway, considering all the reports of UFO sightings over the years I wonder how many planets have sent explorers to check us out. There seems to be a lot of vessel sizes, varying numbers of them, colors of light, flight characteristics, etc.

Do they have different races? If they're so much more intelligent than we are to find us first could we be a laughing stock among several civilizations for how far we haven't come yet? Asking for a friend.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,004  
Sumerians left many references depicting "Unearthly beings". Annunaki Actually references are found around the globe.

Or just fairy tails

BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED about 12 thousand years ago that made a glitch in the matrix.

I've only observed one UFO . And I'm POSITIVE that it was unidentified, and it was flying, and it was an object.

I just thank my lucky stars that it went away and not towards me. I don't know how I would have liked that.

;-)

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,005  
Just one thing I'm caught on now. Wouldn't the Doppler effect cause the light to double toward blue as the distance closed by 2x?

Anyway, if light and or radio waves could travel any faster I wonder what's ever holding them back? If Einstein and Hawking were right it would seem that encountering or dodging gravitational fields might as likely slow down as speed up either one, whether significantly or not.

That we could travel as fast or faster than light physically in our lifetime is unlikely. We're learning more about black holes than we are about wormholes. Scientific evidence always trumps 'some guy said'.
Gravitational fields bend space. It was proven in the 1920s during an eclipse when a star that was actually hidden by the sun was observed beside the sun. The gravitational field of the sun bent the light of the star around the edge of the sun making it visible. It's weird stuff, but has been scientifically tested and proven.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,006  
1645698036425.png

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,007  
Gravitational fields bend space. It was proven in the 1920s during an eclipse when a star that was actually hidden by the sun was observed beside the sun. The gravitational field of the sun bent the light of the star around the edge of the sun making it visible. It's weird stuff, but has been scientifically tested and proven.
And consider the light bending effects of black holes and gravitational lenses...

As a layperson, I understand the concepts, but the math involved is way above my meager knowledge

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,008  
What about measuring how long it takes light to get from known distance point a to b then extrapolating how far it goes in a year makes a person Godless?

Judge not lest you be judged first......seems a little judgy to call people you don't know Godless.
You have to make an assumption at the origin point of the "light". The speed of light argument supports the expanding universe, big bang which was developed as an idea to crush the idea that God created the heavens and earth less than 10,000 yrs ago. I also know its false because of the other absurdities in the globe earth universe argument.
So, yes, atheistic.
And the "judge not lest ye be judged" is taken out of context by people who want to justify their immorality.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #1,010  
Anyway, considering all the reports of UFO sightings over the years I wonder how many planets have sent explorers to check us out. There seems to be a lot of vessel sizes, varying numbers of them, colors of light, flight characteristics, etc.
None. The variations are the result of the type and quantity of liquid or herbal intoxicating substances consumed or inhaled by the reported observers.

LOTS of posts on this thread need Mod action.

Status
Not open for further replies.