UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #891  
Too much Saki….

”UFOs became a modern sensation after the media reported US businessman Kenneth Arnold as having witnessed “flying saucers” on June 24, 1947. A flood of similar stories followed from around the world. Most famously, a UFO was alleged to have crashed to the ground near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947. “In the end, though, no wrecks or alien bodies were recovered,” Tanaka says. “There was only the ambiguous testament of witnesses. It was the same with all the other UFO stories from around the world—they were mysteries without any substantial evidence. The utsurobune legend, however, has a number of documents to examine as leads, so in this sense, for researchers it’s a mystery with substance.”
Now I know you are BSing us... everybody knows that the Air Force got there first and scoffed up all of the evidence before the media got there. How do you think that we got to the moon first? (Actually we didn't as it was all staged but...)

The next thing you'll try to tell us is that the world is round and the planet revolves around the sun. Pfft!

/ UFO's... What do you think? #894  
For those that are interested in this stuff the "Top Secret UFO Projects Declassified" series on Netflix is pretty good. It started out with the same old info but is getting into some new stuff I never heard and some foreign accounts.

It does seem to have a common conspiracy theme claiming ALL governments have schemed to cover up any hard evidence providing proof. It's hard to overlook some of the seemingly credible accounts though.

The truth is out there somewhere!

/ UFO's... What do you think? #895  
Years ago a friend came up with an interesting thought. He said how come UFOs have been seen, pictures drawn of them, photos, etc. but they're all "dated". By that he means a flying saucer from 1890 will look like a bullet with flames coming out the back. In 1950 it will be disk shaped with lights. 1990 more streamlined with lasers.
A UFO seen in 1890 should look the same as 1990...right?
Certainly to me there are UFOs, anything not identified is an UFO. As Carl Sagan said with billions of stars (suns) out there many with planets revolving around them how could anyone believe we're all alone?

Likely because people describe things in terms of relating them to what they know. Mentions of UFO like things from thousands of years ago (Egypt, maybe) referred to them as "chariots in the sky". I'm pretty sure they weren't seeing a two-wheeled, horse-drawn object in the sky with a guy standing in the back, but that's how they described them to give a general understanding to others. Peoples' memories are generally crappy and when someone tries to think back and describe something their mind fills in details with things that they know or that make sense to them. Read up on "eyewitness reliability" for more info. So the fact that modern people have access to lots of 'example' pictures, artists conceptions and stuff means that when they see something odd and they have to fill in details they sub what they already know or think they know.

Rob

/ UFO's... What do you think? #897  
Looks like a bug close to the drone.

Bruce

/ UFO's... What do you think? #898  
   / UFO's... What do you think? #900  
People seldom change their minds, i.e. those that believe do, and those that do not believe don't. Undocumented evidence either way is not going to convince them to change.

I for one do believe that we're occasionally seeing UFO's although that has not been my personal experience. I do not believe that they are occupied by other living beings of any sort. My thinking is that logically they would be completely mechanically operated, just as we usually have sent other exploring space crafts to outer space.

What I do believe is that with the more sophisticated means of identification now available we'll be seeing many more sightings. It will take a hands-on experience for some to believe that there are indeed outer space crafts in our environment, but even that won't be enough proof for some. Of course, the 'out' for those non-believers is to make light of the experience of the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.