UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #241  
Truely amazing transformation. I'm having trouble imagining what it will look like with the short bed on. Seems like you should get a Semi trailer sleeper section and hook that on the back.

Thanks again for the photos and for keeping us up-to-date.

Cliff

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #242  
Von,

I've been following this post for a long time, I don't know how you have the time, energy or $$ to do the amount of work you've done in the time frame. My MGB hasn't been driven more than 3 times in the last year, let alone any improvements made, too many other priorities.

Congratulations on a job well done, you have a truck to be very proud of.

Bud

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #243  
Hi Von,

Congrats! But I gotta ask about those scratches on the front fenders?

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #244  
Mike
I saw the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
With everything else looking like new. Von must have wanted to see who would be the first to mention it on TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS
Boy, you guys are sharp!! I just got those fenders a few days ago and have not had a chance to redo them. The ones I got with the original truck were all rusted out, then the set I ordered with the crewcab. Some how got lost when the crate came apart. ( I think someone in U.S. Customs needed new fenders and a fuel tank!) as they were missing from my cab. So I found these on the net in Iowa. They need to be straightened out and repainted, but they are not rusted at all! Thats one of this weeks little projects! They are held on by just two bolts and are made to slip on an off, so its no big deal to remove them to work on.
Von

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #246  
Whew, had me worried there for a minute. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Does it get registered as a car, truck or a reconstructed vehicle?

What kind of inspections are needed before it can travel on public roads?

You have to drive that to Empire Farm Days this year. That'd be the hit of the event! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ UNIMOG RESTORATION UPDATE + PHOTOS #247  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My MGB hasn't been driven more than 3 times in the last year, let alone any improvements made, too many other priorities.

Congratulations on a job well done, you have a truck to be very proud of.

Bud )</font>

Second that, my E-Type must be putting down roots by now!

One things for sure Von, you'll have the only one of these on your block! Can't wait to see it with a short bed, that will be one interesting and unusal looking truck. Good job on all of your work too, well done!