Unknown tool - help identify

/ Unknown tool - help identify #1  

psvines

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
This probably has nothing to do with Kubota, but you guys have been very helpful with my new tractor purchase, and seem to have ALL the answers.

I found this tool in my garage and have no idea what it is. One end has 4 wheels has spin independentlly and appear to have cutters on them.

Tool_Unknown.jpg

/ Unknown tool - help identify #2  
This probably has nothing to do with Kubota, but you guys have been very helpful with my new tractor purchase, and seem to have ALL the answers.

I found this tool in my garage and have no idea what it is. One end has 4 wheels has spin independentlly and appear to have cutters on them.

Tool_Unknown.jpg

Looks like a wheel dresser to me.

/ Unknown tool - help identify #5  
It's a dressing tool for a bench grinder wheel. Hold the rotaing wheels against the grinding wheel while the ginder is running and it will eat away the wheel to get you a flat surface.

/ Unknown tool - help identify #6  
I have one of these but the wheels are exposed on 3 of the 4 sides .
The only part of the wheels that are covered is the handle end.
Mine is probably a lot older than this one .
My dad had it all the while i was a kid and i was born in 1940.

/ Unknown tool - help identify #7  
Yep, I have a wheel dresser with my bench grinder, too. Squaring up the wheel to get a flat surface is one use, of course, and then if you do any grinding on aluminum and clog the wheel with aluminum, it'sll clean it up again.

/ Unknown tool - help identify
Ah, makes sense now.
Many thanks.
Guess I'll go try it on my grinder.

/ Unknown tool - help identify #9  
And if you drop it on the cement floor you will have a broken wheel dresser. (Don't ask)

jb