Unsecured hay hauling

/ Unsecured hay hauling
chh: mostly flatbed is what i see on the hwy. not that familiar with "hay specific" trailers...if one of those trailers loses control around a blind corner @ 50mph, are you saying that unsecured round bales will safely remain in trailer?

realize transporters are concerned mostly for their load & convenience, but i'm concerned about the potential hazard of the unsecured payload to other vehicles adhering to safe driving practices on the road.
glad you have a safe record & hope it continues, best regards
btw most loads i see are double stacked on flatbeds w/o straps

Last edited:
   / Unsecured hay hauling #52  
This is a topic that is getting more attention here in the UK by the highway authorities, so it's interesting that it has cropped up on here too.
Only last week I followed a tractor and trailer of round bales that was lurching all over the place on an undulating rural road. There were definitely no straps securing the bales, and I couldn't see any ropes either. The way the trailer was riding on underinflated tyres made me drop back just in case. It certainly didn't look safe.
I'm pretty sure from a legal perspective an unsecured load is a big no-no, whatever type of haulage or ag equipment you are using.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #53  
A rew years back a motorist nearby was killed by a large round that fell off a trailer. Always suspicious when a see a loaded trailer coming

/ Unsecured hay hauling #54  
I knew a guy that was killed following a tow truck. The car being towed came loose and collided with his car.
Hazards are everywhere.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #55  
So, a guy named Big Bubba who has a place in rural Ozarks in Arkansas doesn’t want to offend the rednecks?

By the way, big congrats on the win v Texas. Huge.

MoKelly
That last comment was uncalled for. Made me cry, I think more because I have a lot of really good friends in the Fayetteville area and I’m still hearing it.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #56  
That last comment was uncalled for. Made me cry, I think more because I have a lot of really good friends in the Fayetteville area and I’m still hearing it.
Are they named Bubba.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #57  
A good junk yard dog attorney would be all over a case like this with an unsecured load on a highway if someone was hurt or killed. Doesn't matter if cops enforce any laws or not. I wouldn't want to be the one hauling the unsecured load.

mike

/ Unsecured hay hauling #58  
I guess it depends on the law enforcement. I know the state troopers here and the adjoining states will stop you in a heartbeat and do an inspection for loads. You might pull it off and get by with a local who couldn't care by taking back roads, but why take the chance? Just play it safe and secure the load. All it takes is one instance that you can't predict to make it a nightmare.

/ Unsecured hay hauling
all in good fun, best humor in these divisive times is to laugh at oneself...(plenty of material on my side for that)