Update on deck coated with bedliner

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #11  
Mine held up well also for the time I had the L3400. It was also safer when you got on the machine in the wintertime with snow on your boots. One other thing I did just for looks was to spray a little flat black paint thru the large bolt access holes to to cover the orange paint around the bolt head so it would not shine thru. It only takes a few seconds, and give a more "even" look to the project. Notice from the old photos I did not do that at first, but I did paint them later and I thought it looked better.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ck-bed-coating-floorboards.html?highlight=bed

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #12  
Need to spray a little on my diff lock pedal so it isn't so slick.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #13  
   / Update on deck coated with bedliner #14  
Before using that stuff everyone would be well advised to read the infamous hootus thread. It's a long one but will definitely both inform and entertain you.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...w-do-i-get-herculiner-off-of-my-hootus.18595/

It was probably one of the first message board threads to gain international acclaim. Be prepared to LYAO so don't be drinking coffee or anything like that.

I did get a little of the bedliner materiel on my fingers when I did the Kubota. And it did NOT come off with normal washing. It has been a while, but as I remember it just wore off over a period of days. I was very careful not to touch anything important.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #15  
Re: Looks Good!

I forgot to add that I had applied multiple coats, over enough time to allow for drying properly, to the "wear" areas along the edges- basically where the orange paint had worn thru use. I had washed, scuffed and wiped with acetone before masking and spraying. Wasn't that hard to do, and the stuff covered really well. One can.

Nice Job! I'm considering it for my MX5800.

It appears you masked it off and sprayed the deck in place. Did you have any problems with overspray going through the deck holes and getting on parts underneath?

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner #16  
That's a good idea. What kind of liner did you use anyways, the regular dry kind of the expensive hardener stuff. I did the whole deck of my bass boat floor rebuild job with Raptorliner. Darned stuff aint cheap but it really does blow on with a nice texture and hardens like a rock. I tried 2 different schutz guns and finally had to buy the Raptorliner gun to get it to spray even close to decently.
I have the heavy mats on my 1736. One problem with those is the crud gets under there and of course there just has to be a lot of abrasion unless you take it loose a couple times a year and hose it out. You should see the dirt and small stones come out of there. In that respect your liner probably is better than the matting.
One word of warning for anybody using the 2 part hardener type, Watch The Fumes. Those issocyanates are horrible . It's not just in the spray either but comes rolling off as fumes hot and heavy while drying. Paint that stuff outdoors preferably in some wind and use a real paint mask with a brand new just opened charcoal filter. Better yet beg borrow or buy a supplied air system like a Hobby Air if you do any amount of painting with hardened paints. Those issocyanates really can mess up your lungs, believe it.

/ Update on deck coated with bedliner
Answers: yup, I masked it off, and just stuffed some newspaper pieces on top of the hardware below the holes so it wouldn't get painted. The center cover was taken off, masked and sprayed. I used this stuff, from NAPA... and I would use it again, if a need arose.

P1010864.JPG