Upgrade seat in L or MX?

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
Anyone upgrade their seat in the L series or MX series tractor?

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #2  
No replies? I’m sure some members have swapped seats...that’s probably my biggest fault with these tractors.

Mike

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #4  
I considered replacing Grammar air ride seat in my Kubota due to wear.

Kubota price: $895.00 in 2020.

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #5  
I bought a suspension seat for my B from Northern Tool. It wasn't air suspension but it helped a lot, as I recall it was $300-400. Took a bit of work to get the mounting modified, and the seat doesn't flip forward so it's not as convenient if I need to get under the seat to work on wiring or something. But overall it was a large improvement and worth the money. Northern also carries Grammer seats.

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #9  
I considered replacing Grammar air ride seat in my Kubota due to wear.

Kubota price: $895.00 in 2020.
Jeff, when I was buying my L5460 a couple of years ago I asked the sales manager about the air ride upgrade from the standard suspension seat. He said the $895 upgrade was a swap of the base only. You might want to double check that.

/ Upgrade seat in L or MX? #10  
I got the air ride with my new L4060hstc a few years ago. Can't compare it to the stock seat I never had, but I like it. As others have said the OEM air ride is a Granmar.

You do loose the ability to flip the seat up & run the PTO. I could do that on my old L3200. Now I have to put a couple rocks in the seat for it to not turn off when I get out spinning the PTO generator. I could bypass that sensor or put in a switch, but haven't had the time or motivation for as little as I use the PTO generator.