Dirt Moving Upside Down Tractor

/ Upside Down Tractor #1  

Jack Murdock

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032R
It took me a while to get the picture off my phone but this is the neighbor's tractor after he rolled it. He was not hurt ( luckily ) but it was completely upside down for over 24 hours before we righted it. My son and I pulled it up off the tree using my truck and snatch block and a lot of rope, cut the tree and then gently let it back down all the way and then pulled it back up on all four wheels. He was not hurt ( luckily ) and did get the tractors running again just by leaving it alone for a few weeks it smoked a lot but is running again.

Thanks

Attachments

• Upside Down Tractor 1.JPG
    Upside Down Tractor 1.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 962
   / Upside Down Tractor #2  
Fortunate the tree stopped it when it did.

/ Upside Down Tractor #3  
What happened exactly?

/ Upside Down Tractor
I wasn't when it happened so I am not 100% sure but there are steep drop offs on both sides of the driveway and the shoulders were very soft after a lot of rain so a little too close and there it went.

/ Upside Down Tractor #5  
Lucky. Well, no one hurt, tractor ok. Guess you got a picture to remember. What size tractor did you say it was? Hard to tip back up with the truck? Much damage?

/ Upside Down Tractor #6  
Glad no one was injured !! You did the right thing by letting it sit upright and letting all the fluids resettle. Most people don't want to wait and start up to soon....resulting in a hydro lock and major issues.

/ Upside Down Tractor #7  
Lucky. Well, no one hurt, tractor ok. Guess you got a picture to remember. What size tractor did you say it was? Hard to tip back up with the truck? Much damage?

Wondering the same thing. All I can tell is it is a JD. ROPS folded? Or no ROPS?

/ Upside Down Tractor #8  
Wondering the same thing. All I can tell is it is a JD. ROPS folded? Or no ROPS?

If you zoom in you can see the ROPS in place. In fact it looks a lot like my JD790, although I've never seen mine at this particular angle!:)

/ Upside Down Tractor #10  
Is it adequate to simply continue using the tractor or does one need to have the ROPS checked or possibly replaced, once it has been subjected to this kind of force?

I have seen that many folks attach steel baskets to their ROPS and some carry chainsaws attached to them. I have an uneasy feeling about the damage these additions might do the driver in the event of a roll-over.

Am I being a bit paranoid?

Ken