Buying Advice USA made?

/ USA made? #31  
TripleR,
Series 70 Colts, Colt SAAs, Winchester Pre-53 70s, Pre-war Sporting Oberndorf Mausers, etc. I am available to make sure they land gently...(grin)

Regards, Matt.

Only have a couple of Series 70 Colts; Combat Commander and Gold Cup National Match. My wife has a .22 Match Target made in the 60's as well as a Python.

The rest are Sigs, Glocks, S&W, Ruger (revolvers), and the usual middle American utility guns.

/ USA made? #32  
Only have a couple of Series 70 Colts; Combat Commander and Gold Cup National Match. My wife has a .22 Match Target made in the 60's as well as a Python.

The rest are Sigs, Glocks, S&W, Ruger (revolvers), and the usual middle American utility guns.

fwiw,
You really are no fun to play with...;-) I love Sig 220s, any Decent S&W Revolver(better lock work possible than the Python believe it or nor), and the Colt Match Target is a hit below the belt...

An 8" Royal Blue Python was my first revolver at 16. It was perfect and I sold it for the $400 I bought it for... Like an idiot. Never really been that into Gold Cups though they do have a different Trigger and Sear than any other Colt(or 1911 for that matter). Sear has a spring loaded kicker to avoid hammer follow through. Trigger is wider, along with frame trigger recess, than any other 1911. Part of where their trigger feel come from though it can be beat with a good standard sear, STI HARD, and lots of hand work. All that said you knew several achilles heels in my earlier gratuitous assertions. Me thinks you know MORE than you let on just for opportunities like this one. Typical of old guys. You all know stuff to confound the rest of us. Rightly. Point Taken...(grin)

I hope everyone has a Happy Fourth of July and reflects on the youth, history, and cost of our Republic...

Best Regards, Matt.

/ USA made? #33  
fwiw,

I hope everyone has a Happy Fourth of July and reflects on the youth, history, and cost of our Republic...

Best Regards, Matt.

Agreed, Happy Fourth to all.

/ USA made? #34  
Many are assembled here, even Chinese ones, but I do not think there is a 100% American made tractor. Many said "assembled in us", ect but if you look closely many parts are made in Mexico, Korea, China, Japan, ect just like the truck you drive...Chris

How about British made? I looked pretty seriously at a JCB before buying the Kubota M59. What I was looking for was a TLB a little bigger than the M59 but smaller than a full size Case.
rScotty

/ USA made? #35  
Many foreign made guns are not available here since the 1986 weapons ban, I was to young to buy back then so for the most part American guns is all I know, I have no complaints, they go bang and are accurate enough to get me several turkey and deer per year.

/ USA made? #36  
We just had another local steel company (National Rolling Mills) plowed under.
In its' place will be built an "LL Bean" factory outlet store, which mainly sells imported junk now as opposed to their wide selection of American made apparel decades ago.

I don't really think US made is that much better than the best of say Japan or Germany, but I feel it's become a matter of national security and for the good of future generations. I own a Japanese Kubota, but I'll be darned if I could find a US made 70 horse tractor that I could afford. Seems like my Kubota has as much US content as the US brands.

Really sickens me what I'm seeing. I pray for the future of this country.

/ USA made? #37  
I was having problems replacing a shear bolt (7/16 kept breaking) in our Salsco Chipper, so I called the factory in CT. Seems the shear bolt is sized as metric - probably to accomodate the rest of the world's hardware.

When I was in high school (1970's), the US was expecting to go metric. Our export market economy may have been better served if we did. Although I have metric & imperial wreches hanging on the wall, but I'm sure the rest of the world doesn't care to have 2 sets nor is able to procure Imperial bolts & nuts.

High tech stuff like GE turbines are another matter.

little off topic though ,
dave