USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #31  
I'm all about front hitches for difficult trailer maneuvering, BUT.. definitely don't want to do it downhill (like a boat ramp) unless you have 4wd as the front tongue weight unloads the rear tires. Same problem (albeit lesser extent) as trying to back a 2wd FEL tractor uphill with something in the bucket.

So basically, 4wd everything. 😁
Best argument ever for rear ballast weight when using FEL.. I take my ballast weight off once in a while for various reasons and am quickly reminded why I need it.... Can see where front ballast weight may be needed for some 3PH implements like dump box...

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #32  
^Going, AND stopping! I know with a big enough tractor you just aren't going to unload the rear that much but on my small machines losing weight on the back means losing stopping ability.. unless you're in 4wd. So in my opinion 4wd is huge for stopping safely!

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #33  
I have a Kubota B3300SU with 58" FEL bucket, 59" tire width.

There are occasions when it would be efficient to have a 60" or 72" flat bottom TRANSPORT BOX on the 3-Pt. hitch to carry additional dirt, tools, firewood and/or debris with the FEL bucket full.

In promo videos Transport Boxes are depicted reverse-loading with bulk material. Perhaps 3-Pt. Transport Box would increase tractor's ability to carry fill by 11-17 cubic feet, potentially eliminating utility vehicle plus UTV towed dumping trailer from some fill scenarios.

The ability to dump load is essential.

From my limited research two Transport Boxes are made in USA. Greenwell Manufacturing (producer of Pat's Easy Change) make "Pat's Easy Mover" in Kentucky, and Westendorf, the aftermarket loader people, make the WR-30 "Auto-Dump" in Iowa.

LINKS:

greenwellmfg - Home

WR-20 & WR-30 Auto-Dump

Has anyone had any DIRECT EXPERIENCE with either? // Please do NOT post SPECULATION on how one or the other might work.

Are there other USA manufacturers of Transport Boxes I should research?

I am interested in utiliity and quality first, price trailing second.
I had looked into the WR-20 & WR-30, but the OE pricing was not attractive back in 2019. The Yanmar community was looking for a group buy. But it never happened.

Since then, I've noticed Swisher sells a REL bucket to fit a 3PT. Home Deport sells them for about $200.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?
I've noticed Swisher sells a REL bucket to fit a 3PT.

????????

Swisher's Universal ATV Dump Bucket makes moving snow, dirt and gravel quick and easy. It has a W 44 in. bucket and 1/8 in. steel construction for powerful moving capabilities. It features a quick release dump engagement and a durable powder coat finish that will stand up to harsh climate conditions. This bucket can be used with an existing ATV winch. Use with Swisher's ATV Mounting Kits 2646 or 20101 or Swisher's UTV Mount Kits 10260 or 20096. Once installed, the blade can be attached and removed in seconds without tools. Made in the USA of US & global parts.
  • Constructed of reinforced 1/8 in. thick steel
  • 44 in. W
  • Designed for scooping and moving modest weights
  • Quick release dump engagement
  • Pull pin attaches and detaches bucket to Swisher's mounting kit
  • Use with Swisher's ATV Mounting Kits 2646 or 20101 or Swisher's UTV Mount Kits 10260 or 20096.
  • $807.20 bucket only
  • $399.00 mounting kit

MULTIPLE VENDERS:
Swisher REL bucket

YouTube:

Last edited:
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #35  
Swisher's Universal ATV Dump Bucket makes moving snow, dirt and gravel quick and easy. It has a W 44 in. bucket and 1/8 in. steel construction for powerful moving capabilities. It features a quick release dump engagement and a durable powder coat finish that will stand up to harsh climate conditions. This bucket can be used with an existing ATV winch. Use with Swisher's ATV Mounting Kits 2646 or 20101 or Swisher's UTV Mount Kits 10260 or 20096. Once installed, the blade can be attached and removed in seconds without tools. Made in the USA of US & global parts.
  • Constructed of reinforced 1/8 in. thick steel
  • 44 in. W
  • Designed for scooping and moving modest weights
  • Quick release dump engagement
  • Pull pin attaches and detaches bucket to Swisher's mounting kit
  • Use with Swisher's ATV Mounting Kits 2646 or 20101 or Swisher's UTV Mount Kits 10260 or 20096.
  • $807.20 bucket only
  • $399.00 mounting kit

MULTIPLE VENDERS:
Swisher REL bucket

YouTube:
UGH! It's now $800 and change. WOW what a price jump since 2019.

It makes the pond/dirt scoop even more attractive now.
3-Point Dirt Scoop, Dirt Scoop, Dirt Scoop For Tractor | Agri Supply 67010

Even Northern Tool with higher prices seem affordable on a pond/dirt scoop.

I may have to snap one soon. No telling where things will be by mid-summer.
Farm & Fleet are already at price gouging for this pond/dirt scoop, KK-DS30.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #36  
If someone still sold a ~40" trip bucket that would go on a 3pt for <$300 I would say that would be better than a carry-all for a lot of people.

I wonder why those 'pond scoops' stayed the same size all this time. I understand the concept of a 30" bucket fitting the 3pt lift capacity of tractors in the 1940s and early days of 3pts in general.. but i've never even SEEN one bigger than 30/31" which makes me wonder if there's some other factor i'm not thinking of to why they all stayed the same size for 70 years? I get the general idea of staying mostly between the 3pt arms but lots of tractors have plenty of 3pt capacity to have a much larger weight out past the pins and I still haven't seen anything but some old westendorf auto dumps and stuff that never really caught on, yet the 30" things are EVERYWHERE.

I wonder why those 'pond scoops' stayed the same size all this time?

Most pond scoops are sold for compact tractors without loaders. Today 90% of compact tractors are sold with Loaders, which have been greatly improved during the last twenty years. Therefore the pond scoop market is mostly for tractors at least fifteen years old.

The old Fords and old Massey-Fergusons without power steering are gradually being retired, so decreasing pond scoop demand every year. Thirty-inch pond scoops are all 2-WD tractors could reasonably manage.

Everything Attachments has discontinued pond scoops.

I understand the concept of a 30" bucket fitting the 3pt lift capacity of tractors in the 1940s and early days of 3pts in general.. but i've never even SEEN one bigger than 30/31" which makes me wonder if there's some other factor i'm not thinking of to why they all stayed the same size for 70 years?

Not enough consumer demand. Owners of Utility Class tractors with a bare weight of 7,000 to 10,000 pounds, equipped with a Category II Three Point Hitch, often own a Skid Steer, Compact Tractor Loader or a Bulldozer in addition to a Utility Tractor.

"The 3pt scoop was particularly handy for older utility tractors that didn't have power steering. Without power steering those tractors were poor candidates for a front end loader, but a 3pt scoop could easily carry any weight you could get on it and at the same time it eased the steering effort."

If someone still sold a ~40" trip bucket that would go on a 3pt for <$300 I would say that would be better than a carry-all for a lot of people.

Less than $300? With new tooling? $1,400 is more realistic for a pond scoop engineered for a Category II Three Point Hitch.

Note that USA produced King Kutter 30" pond scoops are now priced at $800 each, plus sales tax.

The least complicated new Category I tractor implements cost $3.00 per pound today. Slightly more complex tractor implements cost $4.00 per pound today.

Last edited:
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #38  
Does no one in America make these? There are multiple firms in UK offering these since the 1950's at least & probably earlier, though not many tractors here on the West side until the Fergie,

Last edited:
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #40  
Less than $300? With new tooling? $1,400 is more realistic for a pond scoop engineered for a Category II Three Point Hitch.
I wasn't expecting it to happen, I was just saying that if such a thing currently existed it would (or should) cut into the carry-all market because for the same money it would do more things.