Used Kubotas selling for original prices?

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #61  
It is not just Kubota...

My boss bought a brand new off the show room Ford and enjoyed it for 5 years and sold it for 50K more than he paid...

2006 Ford GT paid 160K and sold it in 2011 for 210K

He really enjoyed it but at age 75 decided it was time.

I've owned many cars and have yet to sell one for less than I paid... only one was bought new so I will have to keep that one forever so as to keep my record in tact.

Buying right or buying when the item is near the bottom of the depreciation cycle is one way... I like convertibles of any kind and never a problem selling rust free California cars as summer nears.

Nearly broke even on my CAT D3 in terms of what I paid and what it sold for... plus I had 17 years of fun with very little out of pocket... batteries, fluid and some lines...

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #62  
Those L245DTs are a good solid machine that will last eons properly taken care of.

You are so right , I had one of the L235's and wish I had never sold it . I sold it for almost what it cost new after many good years of use .

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #63  
It is not just Kubota...

My boss bought a brand new off the show room Ford and enjoyed it for 5 years and sold it for 50K more than he paid...

2006 Ford GT paid 160K and sold it in 2011 for 210K

He really enjoyed it but at age 75 decided it was time.

I've owned many cars and have yet to sell one for less than I paid... only one was bought new so I will have to keep that one forever so as to keep my record in tact.

Buying right or buying when the item is near the bottom of the depreciation cycle is one way... I like convertibles of any kind and never a problem selling rust free California cars as summer nears.

Nearly broke even on my CAT D3 in terms of what I paid and what it sold for... plus I had 17 years of fun with very little out of pocket... batteries, fluid and some lines...
I'm the same. I've bought very few new cars because you always lose. The only new cars I buy are for my wife. For me, I either take hers over when she's done with it or I buy slightly use. The key is to not buy on impulse or under pressure. Be patient, take your time looking, and you will be rewarded for it. It took me a year to find the right deal on a bigger Kubota but it only took me a week to sell my old one for more money than I paid for it.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #64  
As price of new continues to increase it bolsters the price on used for known quality used items.

My plan was to buy a used Kubota... the high prices and lack of supply here in the SF Bay Area on a relatively new model at the time soon proved to be folly.

I switched my strategy and started looking for the best deal on new and was able to save almost 3k by being wiling to travel...

When my brother needed a Dozer 3 years ago... found a good deal with the thinking of buying and then selling when done... now he wants to keep it but I know we could sell and not lose a penny... just not a lot of small dozers out there.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #65  
I think it depends on what part of the country you're looking. Here in New England we don't have a lot of big farms left. Most of these compact tractors are used by home owners with smaller plots of land and kept in heated garages. The majority of usage is usually for snow removal or lawn mowing and have relatively low hours. So they tend to hold their value very well.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #66  
Seems to me that my experiences should apply to large parts of this country. I bought our first tractor about 16 years ago- a clean used B8200 with a good Deere rear blade and a loader. I added chains, lights, a tooth bar, maybe some other small things like oil and temp. gauges, but sold it about 8 years later, with a couple hundred hours more on the clock, for about what I had in it. Always barn kept and maintained. Bought an 1,100 hour L3130 that was fairly clean, from a Kubota dealer, and made it cleaner by carefully and properly repainting the front bucket, adding some bucket hooks and lights, used it a couple years before I realized it was too large and heavy to be ideal (for our purposes) and sold it for what I had in it- not many more hours, but serviced and barn kept. Bought a L3400, which we still have, and pretty much have done the same with it. I fully expect to sell it for what I have in it when the time comes. I may take a hit on the 78" snow blade, but it has more than paid for itself during our rare, but real, 24+" blizzards. All thru Craig's list, and a sense of when a potential buyer is a serious person, and whose bank check, or cash, is clear. Whatever fluids and filters cost don't really bother me, since I do all the basic stuff myself. None of these tractor has ever had to go to a dealer for anything.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #67  
Yeah, I looked at some Kioti's... no where near the quality of the Kubota's... sometimes cheaper is not worth it.[/QUOTE

This is why I didn't go with any South Korean Made tractor packages again and went with the Kubota L3901DT. Having your HST pump fail at 40 hours 2x, loader Valve failed at 60 and the selling dealership wanted me to purchase a $900. replacement where the part itself was 25. that I found at another dealership in California who sold it to me for 100. shipped. Quality and attention to detail is everything.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices?
Every used car I bought was significantly cheaper than the brand new price. I bought a Lexus LS 430 in 2015 that sold for $68,000 new (in 2005) for $14,000.00

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #69  
Some people want that new car smell. I believe you can buy that in a bottle now.:D