Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter
Great replies, especially the 2 tractors are better than one lol. Im leaning towards just keep working the 2501 and keep paying it down til I can more logically purchase the right TLB setup. My thoughts are keep the 2501 as the garden and mowing machine since the loader comes off, and sell the BH77 and frame when its deal time Its a light enough but heavy enough,
20210929_132329.jpg
20210929_191924.jpg
20211001_132342.jpg
20210919_161222.jpg
20210922_191021.jpg
20210911_125602.jpg
agile and stable tractor that I do love, and either finace in the future an L47 or nice L45 for more of a dedicated digging tool, but could still throw something on the back if an off-my-farm job calls for it.

Sometimes you run into stuff where you could just use a little "more" to get er done scooter
20210818_190323.jpg

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter #13  
If you’re going to keep the second tractor I’d look into a mini x.

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter #14  
With the impressive work you have done with the L2501 and 77BH you deserve to have a real Kubota TLB.

BTW, even our M59 wouldn't pick up that rock in post #12 pinched between BH bucket and thumb - lthough it would easily flip it over and over into position.
Probably be able to lift it in the loader - 4000 lb capacity.
What do you think that rock weighs?

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter #15  
BTW, even our M59 wouldn't pick up that rock in post #12 pinched between BH bucket and thumb - lthough it would easily flip it over and over into position.
Probably be able to lift it in the loader - 4000 lb capacity.
What do you think that rock weighs?

The LA525 bucket is 5' wide. Taking the rock as 6' x 4' x 1' = 24 cubic ft, and granite at 170 lbs./cuft puts the rock as 4080 lbs.

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter #16  
The LA525 bucket is 5' wide. Taking the rock as 6' x 4' x 1' = 24 cubic ft, and granite at 170 lbs./cuft puts the rock as 4080 lbs.

I doubt it’s half that heavy. For one it’s closer to a circle not a square. Also it tapers to a lot less than a foot thick. 3rd if it was 4000 pounds the L2501 couldn’t handle it is well as it did.

Its crossed my mind and would be useful as heck, but equally unuseful where a TLB dimly shines across the board, especially when it comes to trailering a do-all machine to a multi-tasked job. The mini ex would dig out a great spot but theres always more to it than that, like loader buckets of material hauled in and out and final grading on larger areas seems not great on a mini x? I cant logistically haul 2 machines and id rather not have a mini x

Its crossed my mind and would be useful as heck, but equally unuseful where a TLB dimly shines across the board, especially when it comes to trailering a do-all machine to a multi-tasked job. The mini ex would dig out a great spot but theres always more to it than that, like loader buckets of material hauled in and out and final grading on larger areas seems not great on a mini x? I cant logistically haul 2 machines and id rather not have a mini x

/ Used L45 looking for opinions on the matter #19  
went from a B3030 to an L45 back in 2013, now I am wanting M62, it is a slippery slope. Looks like we do similar work around the place and with the power of the L45 I have been able to do quite a few things the B3030 would never have been able to.
The Thumb and pallet forks really help with rock moving, front hydraulic hookups give you the ability to run a grapple. I finally purchased a grapple a couple of years ago and man that thing has been a back saver. Storm clean-up, woods clearing, rock collection, and firewood are all much more enjoyable now.
i hear L47's and M62's will be available around Feb / March then mid-summer. Usd L45's are not sitting on lots very long.

went from a B3030 to an L45 back in 2013, now I am wanting M62, it is a slippery slope. Looks like we do similar work around the place and with the power of the L45 I have been able to do quite a few things the B3030 would never have been able to.
The Thumb and pallet forks really help with rock moving, front hydraulic hookups give you the ability to run a grapple. I finally purchased a grapple a couple of years ago and man that thing has been a back saver. Storm clean-up, woods clearing, rock collection, and firewood are all much more enjoyable now.
i hear L47's and M62's will be available around Feb / March then mid-summer. Usd L45's are not sitting on lots very long.
I decided to check back in at the dealer and the L45 has been sold. No surprise really...Lmk if you decide to sell yours!