used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader

/ used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader #1  

borisvonf

Tractor
Jd 5500 mfwd. Kawasaki mule sx 4x4 JD5103 with 521 loader
Local JD place has a used 2015 mahindra 2555 4wd hst cab with loader and only 107 hours on it. Is this too good to be true. Also has r4 tires and I plant on 30 inch rows. Can the tires be set on 60 centers. I have a large open station for plowing etc just need this for mowing, spraying and planting so hot would be nice. Seems too little hours for 8 years. What am I missing here?

/ used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader #2  
I bought mine with 104 hours on it. I've had it for 2+ years, without issue. I couldn't tell if it had the 100-hour service done, so I did it, to be safe.

I have purchased several 20+ years old motorcycles, with <12,000 miles on them. They needed new tires, batteries, full fluid changes, and carb cleanings, but they all ran flawlessly after they were cleaned up. I put 3,000 -25,000+ miles on them. The years had minimal impact on them. They were gems in the rough.

Can't address your other questions, but a visit/call to a Mahindra dealer will likely give you all of the answers you need. Cheers!

/ used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader #3  
How close is your nearest Mahindra dealer? Do they provide good service? Will the JD dealership work on it for you if you need repairs?

The Mahindra dealer closest to me is 60+ miles away, and now that I need some serious service to replace some seals internal to the transmission housing, that distance is not good at all, IMO.

/ used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader #4  
There are independent tractor repair shops around. I use one which charges roughly 1/2 of what the Mahindra dealership (20+ miles away) charges. Plus, he lives a mile from me; he was highly recommended to me by my next-door neighbor, whom I trust. I ordered parts, online, I ordered a factory service manual, online -- he used both when he worked on my tractor, without issue; he asked me to order my own parts so he wouldn't need to mess with it, but if I can't get them, he will. His customer service is old school, and so is he.

I do the same with my cars and motorcycles: I use independent mechanics, who give superior work, with superior customer service, for usually lower prices, compared to dealerships. All three independent shop mechanics (tractor, car, & MC) tell me how I can do some stuff, myself, because they don't need the simple-stuff work -- saves me $$, saves them the simple (<$$) work.

My tractor has three years left on its powertrain warranty. For that, I will use the dealership, if the warranty demands it; otherwise, I will work with my independent mechanic. Cheers!

/ used mahindra 2015 2555 4wd host with loader
What are your thoughts on the price and setting up R4 tires for row planting and maintenance (spray, cultivate)?