Used MF 1526 for 3 acres

/ Used MF 1526 for 3 acres #1  

dear.chap

Tractor
Toro
I've been looking at Kubotas for a while now and was impressed with the B7800 and the B26XX series line. I just chanced upon a MF 1526 with around 1000 hrs for around $6000. Compared to the orange tractors would the MF be sufficient for my needs? I'm mainly interested in loader and PTO capabilities(digger, chipper etc).

/ Used MF 1526 for 3 acres #2  
We use a 1533 - about 600 hours on it now - most of those have been put on it in the last 5 years after we took it out of storage.

The 1533 gives just under 25hp to the PTO - so we can run a 5 foot brush hog.

We mow 20 acres twice a year with that 5 foot hog. She runs great but I do have to slow down on the up slopes to keep the machine from bogging down. Overall speed is just slightly more than 2mph - an acre an hour usually.

The loader has plenty of lift. Big thing is ballast. You must have heavy weight on the back to do any proper lifting. We do not have filled tires. We're torn on that subject. We worry that some of our trails would not deal well with filled tires - we'd rather let them give more. We're likely wrong as many will point out.

We added a ballast box to the tractor for whenever we are not carrying a heavy implement out back. The box is close in so our work in trees is easier than having a big implement out back.

I love Missy Ferg. She is a good ol girl. Easy to work on and to maintain. Our dealer is about 45 minutes away. We try to do all service ourselves. We have a Hydraulic fluid change to do this spring. That will be our first time. Last one at 300 hours was done at the dealer when they added the loader.

If I can answer other questions, I'd be glad to do so.

/ Used MF 1526 for 3 acres
How much did they charge for adding the loader ? The one I am looking at doesnt come with one

/ Used MF 1526 for 3 acres #4  
How much did they charge for adding the loader ? The one I am looking at doesnt come with one
I don't have the invoice in front of me but memory says about $4500 and it has paid for itself many times over already. We could not manage all the wood cleanup we have done without it.

Do note, our dealer would not install a loader without it having the under-structure to link the rear axle with the front axle thereby keeping the strain off the coupling between. That under-structure did drive the cost up but it also made a lot of sense. The heavy bars take the load and keep us from damaging the machine.

I'd like to drop the bucket and have a grapple but that has not been in our budget. We would have to add a 3rd function to use the grapple. Or - we have to go with this device: Brush Crusher | Tractor Attachments | Westendorf

We're not sure the Brush-Crusher meets all our need so we did not pull a trigger on it.